P16562 2017 HARLEY-DAVIDSON® FXSB BREAKOUT® Velocity Red Sunglo
ESTIMATED CITY/HWY Fuel Economy (5) 42 mpg
There’s nothing like a fistful of American Street muscle.
Feast your eyes on the Breakout™. Its profile is low, stretched out and undeniably aggressive. We enhance its custom look with 21-spoke Turbine wheels. The High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine delivers loads of torque to a wide 240mm rear tire. ABS comes standard. Go out and put a hard pounding on the pavement. It doesn’t get any better.
The Breakout® model is inspired by the classic Gasser drag cars of the ‘50s and ‘60s. Its flawless stretched styling, a fat rear tire and crowd-stopping finishes coupled with a low-slung stance, and raw engine power makes the Breakout® model the around-town, custom motorcycle riders want in their garages.
• Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)1, standard
• Smart Security System2 with proximity-based, hands-free security fob, standard
• Color : Velocity Red Sunglo
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON® SE Heavy Breather Elite Performance Air Cleaner $413
• RINEHART RACING Exhaust for Harley Softail $839
Parts total $1,252
Labor total $315
Total added value $1,567
Extended Service Plans Available on 15-calendar-year-old and newer motorcycles with fewer than 60K miles
A rigid mounted engine and twin hidden rear shocks give Softail models the clean look of a vintage hardtail, while cutting-edge technology delivers the smooth ride and comfort expected from a modern Harley-Davidson motorcycle. The counter-balanced High Output Twin Cam 103B engine delivers pounding torque, and the 6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth delivery of power.
MODEL UNIQUE FEATURES WHEN NEW
• Long wheelbase with premium fit and finishes throughout
• Low-slung profile with wide, powerful stance
• Gloss Black Turbine wheels with Machined Highlights, 21-inch 130 mm front tire, 18-inch 240 mm rear tire
• Chopped fenders
• Wide, thick front forks
• Clean tank console with riser-mounted speedometer
• Air cleaner cover with High Output 103 badging
• Wide drag-style 1.25-inch handlebar
• Low seat height
• Premium black and chrome engine
• Side-mounted license plate
• Minimal 3-in-1 stop/turn/tail lights
• Premium paint and graphics with unique fuel tank medallion
• Two-piece, two-up seat with removable rear pillion for riding solo or with passenger
• Low, wide drag-style handlebar
• Forward-mounted foot controls
• Electronic throttle control
• Electronic cruise control
• Riser-mounted speedometer with RPM/gear display, fuel gauge
• Rigid-mounted, Air-cooled, 1690 cc High Output Twin Cam 103B™ counter-balanced engine with Automatic Compression Release (ACR)
6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)1, standard
Smart Security System2 with proximity-based, hands-free security fob, standard
Get an eyeful of a Softail® motorcycle and you see more than some weepy-eyed exercise in nostalgia. You’re looking at the kind of style that has the power to defy time. Honest. Uncluttered. Unaffected by the fad of the moment. There’s a good reason for this. We’ve used our long decades on the road, riding, wrenching, talking to other custom bike fanatics, to discover what works. Then we stick with it, and use it to push the boundaries of motorcycle design ever further. Take a look at the horseshoe oil tank adorning our Softail models. It’s the same one you’d see on a restored dresser from the ‘50s, or a radical Panhead chopper from the ‘70s. And you’ll find it right now on future Harley-Davidson® models that still on the drawing board. Other companies may be content to imitate bits and pieces from our long history. On a Softail motorcycle every part down to the axle nut cover comes from an authentic tradition. With a genuine reason for looking the way it looks.
The air-cooled 45° V-Twin engine at the heart of every Softail model is a prime example of what makes a Harley-Davidson motorcycle more satisfying than anything else. Its clean, uncluttered shape fits perfectly in the downtubes of the frame. Twist the throttle and the surge of torque hits you exactly where it counts. The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it’s been put to particular good use to power the Softail family. We counterbalance the engine, which means we can bolt it directly to the frame. It keeps the styling tight at the center of the bike. It lets the rider feel the pulse of the V-Twin. With the High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine, there aren’t any vibrations rattling the fillings out of your teeth. More power is always a Harley-Davidson tradition.
If you’ve never experienced a Harley-Davidson® Softail® motorcycle, it’s time to find out what you’ve been missing. The venerable Softail frame has logged untold millions of miles, and we’ve put every one of them to good use. The result: one of the most fun rides in all of motorcycling. We’ve spent the years making the frame stiffer, the geometry more balanced and the braking more precise. The dazzling wheels are wrapped in premium Dunlop rubber. The low seats give you a confident feeling of being a part of the motorcycle. Get out on a rolling stretch of backcountry highway and it all comes together. The crisp and responsive ride. The killer looks. As long as we build motorcycles like this having a good time will never go out of style.
The authentic look of a Softail motorcycle comes from the days before anyone knew much about building a suspension. The rigid hardtail frames of yesteryear had a pure, uncluttered look that riders still love. But the bone-rattling ride meant your grandpa needed to strap on a kidney belt to keep his internals intact. The Softail family uses modern technology to consign the kidney belt to the museum. We’ve kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a rad bike loaded with authentic style. You get the classic lines of a vintage “hardtail” frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It’s a signature rigid look, and you’ll only find it on a Softail model.
SPECIFICATIONS WHEN NEW
Engine 1 Air-cooled, High Output Twin Cam 103B™
Bore 3.87 in.
Stroke 4.374 in.
Displacement 103.1 cu in
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.311
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.454
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.793
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 3.882
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.307
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 2.79
Exhaust Staggered, straight cut chrome mufflers with gloss black muffler shields
Wheels, Front Type 9 Gloss Black Turbine with machined highlights
Wheels, Rear Type Gloss Black Turbine with machined highlights
Brakes, Caliper Type 4-piston fixed front; 2-piston floating rear
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 99.5 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,000
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 23.4
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 23.4
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 42 mpg
Length 95.7 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 24.7 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 25.8 in.
Ground Clearance 4.3 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 35
Trail 5.7 in.
Wheelbase 67.3 in.
Tires, Front Specification 130/60B21 63H
Tires, Rear Specification 240/40R18 79V
Fuel Capacity 5 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 3.5 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 678 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 707 lb.
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings, low battery, ABS
Gauges Clean tank console with a riser mounted speedometer
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.
The paragraph descriptions for the pre-owned bikes are generic, what the factory used when the bikes were new so they might not be precise. The bike may have been modified. Take them with a grain of salt. Same with the specifications, those are stating how the bike was spec’d stock, when new, not necessarily as it is at this very moment. Our salespeople will be glad to answer any detailed questions should anything in the generic descriptions be confusing. Also, there are over 30,000 prices and loads of specifications on this website, we do not warrant that is entirely error free. Thanks, - Barnett Harley-Davidson