P16120 2018 KAWASAKI ZR900BJF Z900 (ABS) Candy Persimmon Red/Metallic Spark Black
Color : Candy Persimmon Red/Metallic Spark Black
DESCRIPTION WHEN NEW
The Z900 epitomizes Kawasaki’s belief of what the ideal super-naked bike should be. Every twist of the throttle is rewarded with crisp, exhilarating acceleration, and an ultra-lightweight chassis lends itself to spirited sport riding. Designed for maximum riding pleasure, this sublime balance of power and handling make the z900 exceptionally exciting and easy to ride.
The Z900 motorcycle epitomizes Kawasaki’s belief of what the ideal super-naked bike should be. Every twist of the throttle is rewarded with crisp, exhilarating acceleration and an ultra-lightweight chassis lends itself to spirited sport riding. Designed for maximum riding pleasure, this sublime balance of power and handling make the Z900 exceptionally exciting and easy to ride.
With a smooth powerband that becomes more exciting as the revs rise, a light and nimble chassis, and distinctive Sugomi-inspired styling, the Z900 continues the Kawasaki legacy of creating legendary 900cc-class machines whose performance surpasses that of many full liter-class motorcycles.
THE KAWASAKI NAKED MODEL RANGE RETURNS FOR MORE MILES OF EXCITEMENT
The Kawasaki family of naked motorcycles, the Z model range, returns for the 2018 model year. The lineup has received significant updates within the past two years of production, following major accolades from media and customers alike.
With premium suspension components and a powerful, smooth inline-four cylinder 948cc engine, the Z900 ABS motorcycle is the flagship of the Z family. The Z900 ABS, which received Motorcycle.com’s 2017 Best Standard Motorcycle of the Year award, is returning for 2018 in the new color: Candy Persimmon Red/Metallic Spark Black.
The Kawasaki Z650 ABS is a compact middleweight motorcycle, featuring aggressive, supernaked Z styling that comes to life with an ideal blend of sporty performance and everyday versatility. Since its introduction, the Z650 has received top ratings for its lightweight and easy to maneuver chassis and torquey 650cc parallel twin engine. It will be available for the 2018 model year in these new colors: Metallic Matte Covert Green/Metallic Flat Spark Black and Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Flat Spark Black. The latter paint option also features a bright green frame.
The Z125 PRO motorcycle is also returning in 2018 alongside its “big brothers” as a mid-year release with the following new paint options: Metallic Flat Spark Black/Pearl Mystic Gray/Metallic Spark Black, and Candy Persimmon Red. The compact (224.8 lbs curb weight) motorcycle features well balanced performance suspension and a 4-stroke, single-cylinder, 125cc air-cooled SOHC engine that pulls through the rev range. The Z125 PRO is a motorcycle designed for the fun of motorcycling for all riders.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The 948cc engine has a smooth, linear power delivery that is easy to control and contributes to rider comfort and confidence, yet the strong mid-range hit that pulls hard to redline provides plenty of exhilaration. Responsive liquid-cooled engine with efficient 4-valve, DOHC cylinder provides smooth performance at all rpm.
• Lightweight crankshaft design augments the engine’s quick-revving character.
• A secondary engine balancer eliminates excess vibration, although a desirable amount is left in to add to the bike’s character and acceleration feeling.
• Die-cast cylinder block is rigid while its open deck design helps save weight.
• Connecting passageways between the cylinders help reduce pumping loss, improving high-rpm performance.
• The pistons are formed using the same unique casting process that is used for making those found in the Ninja H2™/H2™R. The process creates hollow areas to achieve idealized thickness for reduced weight without sacrificing strength.
• Downdraft intake design provides the fuel mixture with the straightest, shortest path to the combustion chamber for increased performance.
• 29mm intake and 24mm exhaust valves complement the port designs and boost the hard-hitting mid-range to highrpm power feeling.
Digital Fuel Injection(KP)
• 36mm throttle bodies are used for their ideal mid-range response.
• Sub-throttle valves, located behind the main throttle valves, are controlled by the ECU so the EFI system has smooth, sensitive throttle response.
Enhanced Intake Note
• Acoustic tests helped shape the air box for a stimulating sound that varies with engine speed to add to the riding experience, especially at high rpm.
• The air inlet faces upward so that the intake note is easier for the rider to hear.
• A dividing wall in the center of the upper portion of the airbox accentuates the high, clear intake note.
• Intake funnels balance performance and sound. The longer 150mm inner pair strengthen the low-tomidrange performance while the shorter 50mm outer pair enhance the intake sound.
Previous model shown
• 35mm exhaust headers are tuned for top-end performance while lowering exhaust noise level at idle. Joint pipes between headers 1-4 and 2-3 help boost mid-range torque.
• 5.5-liter pre-chamber allows a smaller muffler to be used and helps centralize mass, as well as lowering the noise level at idle.
• Compact muffler design has dual internal chambers that helps to performance and enhances the exhaust note. Stainless steel end cap and cover provide stylish Z design elements. Assist and Slipper Clutch(KP)
• Using the rotational forces of the clutch hub and pressure plate, the clutch is forced together during acceleration (Assist function) so that fewer and lighter clutch springs can be
used for a lighter feel at the lever. During high back-torque, such as when too low of a gear is selected during downshifting, the Slipper function allows some clutch slippage to help prevent engine lock-up, stalling and rear wheel hop.
•Judder spring component helps prevent judder when the clutch is disengaged.
• Short gear ratios for first through fifth gears provide strong acceleration in the mid-range, the mostused part of the powerband for everyday riding.
• Sixth gear is an overdrive gear for more relaxed highway cruising.
• A key component to the Z900’s light weight, the frame weighs in at just under 30 pounds and contributes significantly to the bike’s light, nimble handling.
• Frame components follow the ideal pipe line so that the lines of the frame are as straight as possible. When bends were necessary their angles were as small as possible, resulting in a design that disperses stress extremely well.
• Five-point, rigidly-mounted engine is a stressed member, which contributes to weight savings.
• Twin-tube rear frame section contributes to the low seat height and easy reach to the ground while minimizing vibration transferred though the seat.
Inverted Front Fork
• 41mm inverted front fork features stepless rebound damping and spring preload adjustability in the left fork tube, with the adjusters conveniently located on the fork cap.
Horizontal Back-link Rear Suspension(KP)
•The linkage is placed atop the swingarm for better mass centralization and to make room for the exhaust pre-chamber.
•Lay-down shock absorber is further away from the exhaust so that its operation will not be affected by exhaust heat. The shock has adjustable preload and rebound damping.
•Extruded aluminum swingarm is lightweight and rigid.
•Suspension settings provide both sporty performance and comfort.
• Dual 300mm front petal discs and 250mm rear petal disc are clamped by dual opposed piston calipers with resin brake pads to deliver ample braking power.
• A linear brake touch facilitates control for riders of all skill levels.
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)(KP)
• ABS model helps prevent wheel lock-up during sudden over-application of the brakes or while braking on low-grip surfaces for an added degree of reassuring braking performance.
Wheels & Tires
• Five-spoke star-pattern wheels are light weight with high rigidity to benefit handling.
• Silica-blend Dunlop D214 Sportmax tires provide both enhanced wet-weather performance and increased tire life.
•A wide, flat handlebar and relaxed yet sporty riding position offers a blend of control and comfort that allows the rider to enjoy a variety of riding situations.
• The handlebar/seat/footpeg relationship helps enhance communication between the rider and machine, giving the rider confidence-inspiring feedback.
• The fuel tank is narrow at the rear to help riders grip the bike with their knees.
• A low seat height and slim overall design facilitates riders placing both feet on the ground for smoother, confident stops.
• The rider’s seat is slim at the front to facilitate the reach to the ground and wider towards the rear for good ride comfort.
• Rubber-mounted handlebar ends and footpeg pads, as well as rider footpeg weights, help dampen vibrations for a more comfortable ride.
• Five-way adjustable brake and clutch levers accommodate a variety of hand sizes for increased comfort.
Distinctive Z Styling
•The Z900’s aggressive Z styling is inspired by the sugomi styling concept. Sugomi describes the intense aura or energy given off by a person or object of greatness and felt by the viewer. Someone, or something, possessing sugomi inspires awe, leaves an indelible impression, is daunting in stature or ability, and commands respect. Elegant bodywork flowing from head to tail is combined with
minimalist coverage in the engine area is devised to draw attention to its functional beauty. A condensed appearance emphasised by slim, close-fitting bodywork gives the bike a light, agile image that reflects its sporty performance.
• Headlight cowl and meter visor help form a slim, flowing line from the top of the elegantly sculpted fuel tank for an aggressive appearance.
• Resin fuel tank cap has no visible bolts for a cleaner look.
•Engine shrouds have a sharp shape with minimal overhang add to the flowing design, allow a clear view of the engine, and contribute to a condensed, lightweight look.
•Under cowls have a unitized design so that they look like part of the engine.
•Flowing, upswept tail cowl contributes to the sporty image.
• LED taillight lights up in a Z shape.
SPECIFICATIONS WHEN NEW
4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled
Bore x Stroke
73.4 x 56.0mm
DFI® with 36mm Keihin throttle bodies
TCBI with electronic advance
6-speed, return shift
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel
41mm inverted fork with rebound damping and spring preload adjustability/4.7 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel
Horizontal back-link, stepless rebound damping, adjustable spring preload/5.5 in
120/70 ZR17 Dunlop Sportmax D214F Z
180/55 ZR17 Dunlop Sportmax D214Z
Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with four-piston calipers, ABS
Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper, ABS
Trellis, high tensile steel
The paragraph descriptions for the pre-owned bikes are generic, what the factory used when the bikes were new so they might not be precise. The bike may have been modified. Take them with a grain of salt. Same with the specifications, those are stating how the bike was spec’d stock, when new, not necessarily as it is at this very moment. Our salespeople will be glad to answer any detailed questions should anything in the generic descriptions be confusing. Also, there are over 30,000 prices and loads of specifications on this website, we do not warrant that is entirely error free. Thanks, - Barnett Harley-Davidson