The new For 2016 Roadster™ motorcycle combines stoplight-to-stoplight power, agility and garage-built custom style to shatter every mold. Shaped by nearly 60 years of heritage and stripped to the essential elements of a pure riding machine, the 2016 Harley-Davidson Roadster joins the Dark Custom lineup with a minimalist design inspired by classic racing motorcycles and current trends in stripped-down, naked custom bikes.
Location: Barnett Harley-Davidson El Paso
Parts total $803
Labor total $332
Total added value $1,135
Extended Service Plans Available on 15-calendar-year-old and newer motorcycles with fewer than 60K miles.
Tucked in, fast back style and corner cranking torque for a street eating machine.
The new Roadster™ puts a powerful new level of sport into the Sportster® line-up. Its refined performance package includes 43mm inverted front forks with massive triple clamps, powerful dual-disc front brakes, premium rear suspension and new dual gauge instrumentation to complement the iconic fuel tank and chopped rear fender. The riding position is aggressive, but comfortable for long rides thanks to the 19” front and 18” rear offset-split 5-spoke cast aluminum wheels, lowered bars, mid-mount controls and a new two-up seat. Its 45-degree, 1200 cc engine delivers massive off-the-line torque. Turn it loose at the green light.
It only takes three words to describe the look of the Roadster™ motorcycle: garage-built custom. You get blacked-out styling details, slammed bars, chopped rear fender, race-inspired graphics, a finned timer cover, slotted black exhaust shields. The list goes on.
Low-end torque is the calling card of the 1200 cc Evolution® V-Twin motor mounted in the nimble frame of the new Roadster™. It’s also known for the soul-satisfying sound.
The Roadster has plenty of stoplight-to-stoplight muscle, but the places this machine truly shines is in the corners. It’s the only Sportster® in the line with inverted front forks. And there’s a new 43mm front suspension with cartridge damping and a new steering geometry that make for easy handling and a quick response to your inputs. It’s all riding on sticky Dunlop® Harley-Davidson® Series Radial tires.
One look at the Roadster™ is all it takes to make you want to get in the saddle and go hard. We added to that feeling with a ride that makes you never want to stop. The two-up seat is low-profile, but designed to keep you comfortable all day. And the premium suspension is built to absorb the punishment the road wants to throw at your body.
SPECIFICATIONS WHEN NEW:
Engine 1 Air-cooled, Evolution®
Bore 3.5 in.
Stroke 3.811 in.
Displacement 73.4 cu in
Compression Ratio 10:01
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Primary Drive Chain, 38/57 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.315
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.653
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.948
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 4.102
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.517
Exhaust Shorty-dual exhaust with chrome tapered mufflers with laser cut black heat shields
Wheels, Front Type 9 Black Offset, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
Wheels, Rear Type Black Offset, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
Brakes, Caliper Type Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 76 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,750
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 30.8
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 31.1
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 48 mpg
Length 86 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 30.9 in.
Ground Clearance 6 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 28.9
Trail 5.5 in.
Wheelbase 59.3 in.
Tires, Front Specification 120/70R19 M/C
Tires, Rear Specification 150/70R18 M/C
Fuel Capacity 3.3 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 2.8 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 549 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 568 lb.
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional) and ABS (optional)
Gauges Dual function gauge – 4″ Digital Speedometer / Analog Tachometer
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.
The paragraph descriptions for the pre-owned bikes are generic, what the factory used when the bikes were new so they might not be precise. The bike may have been modified. Take them with a grain of salt. Same with the specifications, those are stating how the bike was spec’d stock, when new, not necessarily as it is at this very moment. Our salespeople will be glad to answer any detailed questions should anything in the generic descriptions be confusing. Also, there are over 30,000 prices and loads of specifications on this website, we do not warrant that is entirely error free. Thanks, - Barnett Harley-Davidson