17487A 2021 HARLEY-DAVIDSON® RA1250S PAN AMERICA™ 1250 SPECIAL Two-Tone Baja Orange / Stone Washed White Pearl
ESTIMATED CITY/HWY Fuel Economy 46 mpg (5.1 l/100 km)
The Harley-Davidson® Pan America 1250 model is a rugged, powerful, technologically advanced multi-purpose motorcycle designed for riders ready to embrace real-life adventure. The riding experience is refined, capable and intuitive, on a motorcycle that stays composed and confident wherever your adventure takes you.
Pan America is a two-wheel multi-tool built to endure, designed to explore, and engineered for adventure. Find your freedom across new terrains in 2021.
“We (Harley-Davidson) own the North American touring market, we are the market” – Harley-Davidson
Pan America™ 1250 motorcycle is a two-wheel multi-tool built to endure, designed to explore, and engineered for adventure.
• ABS Anti-Lock Braking System Standard
• Harley-Davidson® Factory Security System Standard
• Cruise Control Option Standard
• RDRS Option Standard
• Under Factory Warranty until 07/24/2023
• Color : Two-Tone Baja Orange / Stone Washed White Pearl
Extended Service Plans Available on 15-calendar-year-old and newer motorcycles with fewer than 60K miles
FEATURES WHEN NEW
ALL-NEW REVOLUTION® MAX POWERTRAIN
The next chapter in a century of legendary V-Twins is here. Revolution® Max is a liquid-cooled powertrain with over 145 horsepower, full of ample torque, and a surging powerband tuned to maximize rider control.
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
H-D design and engineering teams have crafted a vision guided by utility, rooted in the spirit of iconic American off-road vehicles. In a landscape of bikes that are achieving uniformity, Pan America is a rugged take where function feeds form in a package that is uniquely Harley-Davidson.
ALL TERRAIN LONG HAULER
Informed by H-D’s touring legacy, Pan America™ is designed to maintain high-speed ride and handling performance even when at the limit of its luggage and weight capacity. Refined, capable and intuitive, Pan America™ is a motorcycle that stays composed and confident no matter how hard you push it.
DUAL PURPOSE POWERTRAIN
The Revolution® Max 1250 is a structural component of the motorcycle chassis, eliminating a traditional frame — which significantly reduces overall weight and keeps handling taut. This is performance you can feel, with the center of gravity low and the chassis super rigid.
H-D®/ MICHELIN™ SCORCHER
Set on a 19-inch front and 17-inch rear cast aluminum wheelset, these tires were collaboratively developed with an eye to meet the demands of on-road and off-road Adventure Touring. All aspects, from internal construction to external profile and tread, were analyzed by Michelin to optimize performance.
CHOOSE YOUR RIDE MODE
Flick a switch and choose from 5 pre-programmed Ride Modes (Sport, Road, Rain, Off-Road, and Off-Road Plus) or create your own custom mode — tuning your bike with a specific combination of power delivery, engine braking, Cornering Enhanced Antilock Braking System (C-ABS) and Cornering Enhanced Traction Control System (C-TCS) settings.
PAN AMERICA™ 1250
Open road with two drivers on Harley-Davidson Pan America adventure touring motorcycles Everything Is A Road
Exploring the world from a motorcycle engages the senses as the landscapes, sights and sounds create a deep, visceral adventure. The all-new Pan America 1250 adventure motorcycle is Harley-Davidson’s explore-it-all machine for those who are driven to push boundaries and don’t want to be confined by the limits of roads. Adventure touring riders seek out new experiences in any direction, on any terrain, to explore the undiscovered, sleep under the stars and immerse themselves in the journey. The Pan America was built for these explorers, to go further, until they find themselves in places few have traveled.
“I’ve put in many miles aboard Pan America, in beautiful and remote parts of the world and have experienced the innovations and capabilities that will unlock our brand’s passion for adventure for more people around the world,” said Jochen Zeitz, chairman, president and CEO Harley-Davidson. “I am truly excited about Pan America. Adventure touring is a natural fit for Harley-Davidson.”
The spirt of Adventure Touring on a Pan America 1250 is one of endless possibilities and unrestrained freedom for the soul. From highways to dirt paths, from mountain tops to river valleys, the thirst for adventure spurs riders forward to discover what lays beyond the next bend in the trail. This tenacious spirit has driven Harley-Davidson to develop a motorcycle that will win the hearts of bold, adventurous individuals who seek out the wild spaces. Individuals like actor Jason Momoa, who after an early test ride of Pan America, jumped at the opportunity to partner with Harley-Davidson on the launch. Momoa, a passionate motorcycle enthusiast is the perfect partner to help bring the Pan America to the world and showcase the technological advancements that Harley-Davidson is bringing to the segment.
“Pan America is the machine that will allow me to extend my passion for Harley-Davidson to the ends of the earth and I am absolutely stoked to be a part of it,” said Momoa. “It’s the best Adventure Touring bike I have ridden, and I know other adventurers like me who are consumed by wanderlust will love it.”
Whether its camping on a mountain side or traversing a dry lakebed, the Pan America 1250 motorcycle is equipped with advanced technologies designed to embrace adventurous spirit. Adapting to varied terrain and riding styles easy with multiple electronically controlled ride modes that tailor the performance characteristics of the motorcycle to deliver confidence in a wide variety of riding conditions.
The Pan America motorcycle introduces a revolution in accessibility and performance with Adaptive Ride Height technology. This industry-first motorcycle suspension system automatically transitions between a riding position when stopped to an optimal ride height when the motorcycle is in motion. The lowered suspension at rest makes the motorcycle easier to mount and dismount, without sacrificing lean angles or ground clearance.
The Pan America motorcycle is also powered by the all-new Revolution Max 1250 engine. The latest in the legendary powertrain lineage of the Harley-Davidson Motor Company, is a liquid-cooled 1,250cc-displacement V-Twin finely styled as the visual centerpiece of the motorcycle. The Revolution Max 1250 is designed to offer smooth, low-end torque delivery and low speed throttle control that is ideal for off-road riding.
KEY FEATURES WHEN NEW
• Aggressive riding position
• Mid-mount foot controls
• Passenger seat
• Tall riders
• RDRS standard
• Versatility and comfort, on and off-road
• Enthusiasts who see touring as detouring
• Riders seeking power, tech and capability in a design package that is uniquely H-D
• Additional Pan America™ 1250 Model Features
• The lightweight exhaust system is crafted from corrosion-resistant 304-series stainless steel and designed to meet global emissions (including Euro V) and sound regulations without compromising durability or the performance experienced by the rider. The catalyst is located as close to the engine as possible to minimize its size and weight and also keep heat away from the rider. A pair of mufflers – one below the engine and the second on the right side of the motorcycle – adds volume to the exhaust system, which allows effective sound muffling with minimal back pressure, which improves performance. The exhaust system is designed to create clearance under the motorcycle to limit potential impact damage during off-road riding, and to not compromise lean angle.
• The rider portion of the seat has a high and low position which allows the rider to achieve a better fit on the motorcycle. Seat height adjustment does not require tools. Unladen seat height is 34.2 inches in the low position and 35.2 inches in the high position.
• A four-position windscreen can be adjusted with one hand, using a lever adjacent to the display screen, through a range of 1.8 inches to best match rider stature, preference or changing environmental conditions.
• Cruise control is standard equipment.
• A lightweight aluminum fuel tank holds 5.6 gallons for extended riding range. The fuel filler is located forward on the top of the tank so it will not be covered by most tank bags, making it easier to fuel up with a bag in place. The fuel tank is shaped to optimize the capacity of the engine intake airbox, which is located below the tank.
• The Pan America™ 1250 model features all-LED lighting designed to deliver signature style and outstanding performance with and additional focus on rugged durability in the off-road environment. The Daymaker® Signature LED headlamp has been designed using new photometric analysis technology to produce outstanding “punch” down the road with a very homogenous spread of light; eliminating distracting “hot spots.”
• The front turn signals are positioned to be protected by the brush guard during off-road riding.
• Paint Color: Vivid Black, River Rock Gray with Medallion
Built to Endure, Designed to Explore, and Engineered for Adventure.
The Pan America motorcycle is Harley-Davidson’s explore-it-all machine for riders who see touring as detouring – on road and off. This rugged, powerful, technologically advanced multi-purpose vehicle is designed from the ground up to inspire rider confidence and fuel the spirit of adventure, wherever the road may take you.
Harley-Davidson has leveraged its cutting-edge design and engineering capabilities to create the Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special, all-new, adventure-touring motorcycles, each designed with premium features, outstanding performance and innovative technology.
“From its inception more than a century ago, when many roads were little more than dirt trails, Harley-Davidson has stood for adventure. So I’m very proud to present Pan America as the first adventure touring bike designed and built in America,” said Jochen Zeitz, chairman, president and CEO Harley-Davidson. “The Pan America models exude that go-anywhere spirit, shared today by riders in the US and around the globe who want to experience the world on a motorcycle.” That same adventurous spirt is deeply shared by actor and brand ambassador, Jason Momoa, who is joining creative forces with the Company to bring Pan America’s passion for adventure to the world.
Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special models are powered by the new 150hp Revolution Max 1250 engine, a liquid-cooled 1,250cc-displacement V-Twin designed to offer a broad powerband that builds to a rush of high-RPM power. To minimize overall motorcycle weight (Pan America 1250 534lb. wet/Pan America 1250 Special 559lb. wet), the Revolution Max engine is integrated into the vehicle as the central member of the chassis.
Pan America models are equipped with technologies designed to enhance the riding experience, including multiple electronically controlled ride modes plus Cornering Rider Safety Enhancements. This broad collection of technologies is designed to match motorcycle performance to available traction during acceleration, deceleration and braking. The Pan America 1250 Special model is equipped with electronically adjustable semi-active front and rear suspension. As an industry-first innovation, Pan America is equipped with Adaptive Ride Height (ARH), a revolutionary new suspension system which automatically transitions between a low stopped position and optimal ride height when the motorcycle is in motion.
Harley-Davidson design and engineering teams collaborated throughout the process of creating and refining the Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special models with a vision guided by utility. Like a good multi-tool, function leads the form of these Harley-Davidson models. From grab handles to integrated luggage mounts, to a horizontal headlamp configured to better illuminate an off-road trail, function defines style. Inspired by the spirit of rugged North American off-road versatility, the Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special models stand out visually in the adventure touring landscape, with design that reflects the capability of the motorcycles.
Harley-Davidson dealers will offer a complete line of accessories for the Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special models, including three durable luggage systems, and new technical riding gear for men and women developed in collaboration with respected European motorcycle apparel specialist, REV’IT!. (See separate releases for details accessories and gear)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS WHEN NEW
The Harley-Davidson® Pan America 1250 model is a rugged, powerful, technologically advanced multi-purpose motorcycle designed for riders ready to embrace real-life adventure. The riding experience is capable and intuitive, on a motorcycle that stays composed and confident wherever your adventure takes you.
A focus on performance and minimizing weight drove both vehicle and engine architecture, material choices, and aggressive component design optimization, all with the goal of achieving a desirable power-to-weight ratio. The powertrain is a stressed member of the chassis, eliminating the traditional frame. Three distinct elements – the front frame, the mid frame and the tail section – bolt directly to the powertrain. This design reduces motorcycle weight and results in a stiff chassis that contributes to precise handling. The cast-aluminum swingarm minimizes unsprung weight. The chassis is designed with a 62.2-inch wheelbase, ideal for touring capability (especially with a passenger and loaded luggage) and agile handling required for off-road maneuverability.
Cast aluminum wheels (19-inch front and a 17-inch rear) are designed to be strong, yet light weight, intended for use on paved roads and un-paved surfaces, such as gravel roads and fire roads. Harley-Davidson and Michelin collaboratively designed a Scorcher Adventure tire for the Pan America models to meet the demands associated with adventure touring. Michelin Anakee Wild tires with an aggressive “knobby” tread pattern will be offered through Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories for riders seeking maximum off-road traction and a bold style profile.
Harley-Davidson and Brembo collaborated on an all-new braking system for the Pan America™ models that is designed to provide the rider with outstanding braking feel and performance. A new radial monoblock four-piston (30 mm) caliper takes full advantage of the material characteristics to increase stiffness while reducing overall weight. Dual front brake rotors are 320mm in diameter; single rear-brake rotor is 280mm diameter. A new lightweight front brake master cylinder offers adjustable lever response.
The Pan America 1250 model features premium passive front and rear suspension that is fully adjustable for pre-load and compression/rebound damping. Suspension travel front and rear is 7.48 inches (190mm). Front suspension is provided by a SHOWA® 1 by 1 47mm inverted cartridge fork. Rear suspension is a SHOWA® Piggyback reservoir shock with adjustable hydraulic preload. The rear suspension incorporates a linkage system which provides a progressive feel through the stroke and maintains a comfortable, compliant ride on-road, while providing superior support for off-road conditions.
All instrumentation and infotainment functions are displayed on a tilting 6.8-inch TFT touchscreen (thin-film-transistor, a type of liquid-crystal display noted for high image quality and contrast). Its non-reflective glass cover makes it easier to view in most lighting conditions. The touchscreen function is disabled when the motorcycle is in motion, but the rider can use hand controls to manage many functions of the screen display when the motorcycle is moving. The display supports infotainment generated by the rider’s Bluetooth-equipped mobile device, including music and calls. Navigation is supplied by the free Harley-Davidson® App for iOS or Android.
Cornering Rider Safety Enhancements
The Pan America 1250 model is equipped with Cornering Rider Safety Enhancements, a collection of technologies designed enhance rider confidence during unexpected situations or poor road conditions. The systems are electronic and utilize the latest chassis control, electronic brake control and powertrain technology. Cornering enhanced technology utilizes an inertial measurement unit, IMU, for optimal intervention when the motorcycle is leaned compared to when the motorcycle is upright. Elements of Cornering Rider Safety Enhancements for the Pan America 1250 model include: Cornering Enhanced Electronically Linked Braking, Cornering Enhanced Antilock Braking System, Cornering Enhanced Traction Control System, Cornering Enhanced Drag-Torque Slip Control System, and Hill Hold Control.
Selectable Ride Modes electronically control the performance characteristics of the motorcycle, and the level of technology intervention. Five modes are available on the base model (4 are pre-programmed and one can be customized). The Pan America™ 1250 Special model has two additional modes that can be customized by the owner. Pre-programed ride modes for the Pan America 1250 models include Road, Sport, Rain, Off-Road and Off-Road Plus. Each Ride Mode consists of a specific combination of power delivery, engine braking, Cornering Enhanced Antilock Braking System (C-ABS) and Cornering Enhanced Traction Control System (C-TCS) settings. The rider may use the MODE button on the right-hand controller to change the active ride mode while riding the motorcycle or when stopped, with some exceptions.
TECHNOLOGY ENHANCES THE HARLEY-DAVIDSON ADVENTURE TOURING EXPERIENCE
Pan America 1250 Special Introduces Adaptive Ride Height and Semi-Active Suspension
The Harley-Davidson® Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special models are all-new adventure touring motorcycles. Harley-Davidson has applied its deep engineering capabilities to equip these motorcycles with advanced technologies designed to enhance the riding experience.
The Pan America 1250 Special model is equipped with electronically adjustable semi-active front and rear suspension. Utilizing data provided by sensors on the motorcycle, this suspension system automatically controls damping to suit the prevailing conditions and riding activity. These suspension components are provided by SHOWA®, while the control software was developed by Harley-Davidson.
• Suspension travel front and rear is 190mm (7.48 inches).
• Front suspension is by 47mm inverted SHOWA® BFF (Balance Free Forks) with semi-active damping control.
• Rear suspension is a SHOWA® BFRC (Balanced Free Rear Cushion-lite) coil-over shock with electronic preload control and semi-active damping control.The rear suspension incorporates a linkage system connecting the shock, swingarm, and frame which provides a progressive feel through the stroke. This progressive system maintains a comfortable, compliant ride on-road, while providing superior support for off-road conditions.
• The Vehicle Loading Control system senses the weight of the rider, a passenger and luggage to select optimal suspension sag by automatically adjusting rear preload.
• The Semi-Active Suspension system reacts to suspension position, vehicle speed, vertical acceleration of the motorcycle, roll angle, roll rate, rider applied throttle, and applied brake torque alongside the selected Ride Mode to maintain the desired motorcycle comfort.
• The Semi-Active Suspension system features five pre-programmed profiles, which are incorporated into each ride mode program:
• Comfort: Maximizes ride comfort by providing significant compliance and isolating the rider from rough road conditions.
• Balanced: Optimized balance of ride comfort and ride control for all-around riding.
• Sport: Maximum ride control with higher damping rates calibrated for spirited riding with confidence.
• Off Road Soft: Reduced initial damping to increase suspension compliance to better absorb larger inputs and to reduce kickback – ideal for logging roads, washboards and rocky terrain.
• Off Road Firm: Increased initial damping for aggressive riding or when less body float is desired – ideal for soft/loamy terrain.
• The rider may not change the Semi-Active Suspension profile within a pre-programmed ride mode, but when creating a custom ride mode the rider does select their preferred suspension profile.
Adaptive Ride Height (ARH) is an option for the Pan America 1250 Special model only. Harley-Davidson is the first to offer this technology in the motorcycle industry. This evolutionary suspension system automatically transitions the motorcycle between a low stopped position and optimal ride height when the motorcycle is in motion. The system allows the rider to mount the Pan America 1250 Special model with ease, and to confidently put feet down to the ground at a stop, by lowering the seat height 1 to 2 inches (depending on automatically selected rear pre-load, which determines ride height when the bike is moving).
This system does not compromise suspension travel – travel is maintained – and does not compromise lean angle, ground clearance or ride quality.
There are four selectable Adaptive Ride Height sub-modes:
• Auto Mode: The system determines how quickly to lower the suspension based on how aggressive the braking action is, with the target of having the suspension fully lowered when the bike comes to a stop.
• Short Delay and Long Delay Modes: In these modes the lowering function is delayed until the motorcycle comes to a stop, so that ride height is maintained while the motorcycle is moving at low speeds, such as when negotiating a parking lot.
• Locked Mode: The Adaptive Ride Height system will maintain the normal ride height and does not lower at a stop. This mode might be selected by a tall rider who does not need Adaptive Ride Height to be flat footed at a stop, or for off-road riding when full ride height is desirable at low speeds.
Cornering Rider Safety Enhancements
The Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special models are equipped with a collection of technologies designed to match motorcycle performance to available traction* during acceleration, deceleration and braking. The systems are designed to aid the rider in controlling the motorcycle while accelerating and braking in a straight line or while in a turn. A rider may find the systems most helpful when riding in adverse road conditions or in unexpected situations. The systems are electronic and utilize the latest chassis control, electronic brake control and powertrain technology.
*Disclaimer: Available traction is determined by the road/tire interface. The systems are only able to adjust brake pressure or powertrain torque in an attempt to keep the forces at the tire from exceeding available grip. These technologies do not have the ability to increase grip, to intervene when the rider has not made a brake or throttle application, or to directly influence vehicle direction. This is a key difference between motorcycle systems and automotive stability control. The rider is ultimately responsible for steering, speed and path corrections.
Some elements of Cornering Rider Safety Enhancements may be “cornering enhanced” with technology that is motorcycle-specific. An inertial measurement unit, or IMU, measures and reports the motorcycle lean angle as it navigates a turn. Because many motorcycles have different size front and rear tires, when the motorcycle leans into a turn the wheels begin to rotate at slightly different speeds. The tire traction patch – the part of the tire actually touching the pavement – also changes as the motorcycle leans in a turn. Cornering enhanced technology takes this into account and, for optimal performance, intervenes differently when the motorcycle is leaned compared to when the motorcycle is upright.
• Cornering Enhanced Electronically Linked Braking (C-ELB)
• The Cornering Enhanced Electronically Linked Braking (C-ELB) system provides balanced front and rear braking under a wide variety of brake applications. The system provides more linking when the rider is applying heavier braking and reduces or eliminates linking for light braking and low speeds. When linked, applying the front brake lever alone will cause the system to also dynamically apply an amount of braking to the rear. C-ELB takes into account the motorcycle lean angle and will alter the proportioning of brake pressure between the front and rear brakes while cornering in an attempt to improve the ability of the bike to maintain the rider’s intended path. C-ELB is disabled when the rider selects the Off-Road Plus or Custom Off-Road Plus Ride Mode (see Ride Mode section)
• Cornering Enhanced Antilock Braking System (C-ABS)
• ABS is designed to prevent the wheels from locking under braking and to help the rider maintain control when braking in a straight-line, urgent situation. ABS operates independently on front and rear brakes to keep the wheels rolling and prevent uncontrolled wheel lock. Cornering Enhanced Antilock Braking System (C-ABS) is a variant of ABS that takes into consideration the lean angle of the motorcycle. While cornering, the available grip for braking is reduced and C-ABS automatically compensates for this reality.
• Rear-wheel Lift Mitigation utilizes the C-ABS sensors and the six-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU) to manage rear-wheel lift during heavy braking and further balance deceleration and rider control. The height and duration of RLM is tied to the selected Ride Mode. RLM allows for the least rear-wheel lift in Rain Mode and the most rear-wheel lift in Off-Road mode. Rear wheel ABS and RLM are disabled when the rider selects the Off-Road Plus or Custom Off-Road Plus Ride Mode (see Ride Mode section).
• Cornering Enhanced Traction Control System (C-TCS)
• Traction Control System (TCS) is designed to prevent excessive rear wheel spin during acceleration. TCS can improve rider confidence when available traction is compromised by wet weather, a sudden unanticipated change in the surface, or when riding on an unpaved road. Cornering Enhanced Traction Control (C-TCS) is a variant of TCS that accounts for the lean angle of the motorcycle. Each pre-programed Ride Mode has a specific level of TCS and/or C-TCS. In the customizable ride modes the rider can select from three levels of C-TCS intervention.
The rider can deactivate C-TCS in any Ride Mode when the motorcycle is stopped and the engine is running. Changing to Rain Mode will automatically re-enable C-TCS, but C-TCS may be disabled again after Rain Mode has been selected. C-TCS can be reactivated with the push of a button on the right hand control when the motorcycle is stopped or underway.
TCS is also designed to support Front-Wheel Lift Mitigation (FLM) to reduce the height and duration of front-wheel lift (wheelie). The height and duration of front-wheel lift is tied to the rider-selected Ride Mode, with Rain Mode being the most-restrictive and Sport/Off Road being the least-restrictive of the standard modes. Turning off C-TCS fully disables both C-TCS and FLM.
In the Off-Road Plus or Custom Off-Road Plus Ride Mode (see Ride Mode section) TCS is enabled without any cornering adjustments, allowing the rider to take advantage of ruts, banking, and berms to better accelerate at lean. In Off-Road Plus mode TCS will allow a greater amount of rear-wheel slip appropriate for off-road use only and fully disables FLM so that an experienced rider may use throttle to lift the front wheel to clear obstacles.
• Cornering Enhanced Drag-Torque Slip Control System (C-DSCS)
• When Cornering Enhanced Drag-Torque Slip Control (C-DSCS) detects excessive rear wheel slip under powertrain-induced deceleration it will adjust engine torque delivery to better match rear-wheel speed to road speed. The action of C-DSCS is tailored when cornering, based on detected lean angle. C-DSCS is disabled in Off-Road Plus and Custom Off-Road Plus (because rear ABS is disabled). Additionally, C-DSCS intervention may be diminished when TCS is disabled by the rider.
• Hill Hold Control (HHC)
• The Hill Hold Control (HHC) applies and holds brake pressure when activated and prevents the motorcycle from rolling after the rider has released the brake controls. The primary function of HHC is to prevent the motorcycle from rolling when it is stopped – for example at a stop sign on a hill, in stop-and-go traffic on a slope, or on a steep decline out of a parking structure. HHC is designed to make it easier to ride away with confidence by minimizing the number of controls needed to pull away smoothly. The system applies brake pressure until the rider actuates the throttle and clutch to pull away. HHC may also be engaged when the motorcycle is stopped on a flat surface if the rider wants to maintain position without applying pressure to a brake control.
The rider activates HHC by momentarily applying extra pressure to either the front-brake hand lever or the rear-brake foot control after the motorcycle has come to a complete stop. If rider brakes very hard to a stop, and holds the brake pressure after stopped, HHC may also set without any added squeeze. A HHC indicator light will illuminate to confirm that the rider has activated HHC, and the ABS system will hold brake pressure after the rider releases the brake control. The indicator light will blink if the rider attempts to engage HHC but that action is not available – for example if the side-stand is down on models equipped with a side stand sensor. HHC is disengaged automatically as the rider begins to pull away from a stop, or if the rider applies and releases either brake control.
HHC is not to be used as a parking brake. It will also disengage if the rider lowers the side stand (on models with a side-stand sensor, not a feature in all markets) or shifts into neutral on models without a side-stand sensor, or if the engine is turned off. In most situations after ten seconds the indicator light will flash and the HHC will release if there is no rider action. HHC is not intended as a substitute for a parking brake in any situation. The rider may use the instrument display to disable (or re-activate) HHC if they desire.
In the U.S. market only, the Pan America 1250 Special model is equipped with a side stand sensor interlock, which permits HHC to be engaged in neutral; this feature is not present on the Pan America 1250 model. In all markets that require a side stand sensor interlock (which is not the case in the U.S.) this feature is present on both models.
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
• The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) displays current front and rear tire pressure on the on the color display screen and displays an indicator to alert the rider when tire pressure is low, and the pressure should be checked. TPMS is standard on the Pan America 1250 Special model and is a dealer-installed option for the Pan America 1250 model.
Selectable ride modes electronically control the performance characteristics of the motorcycle, and the level of technology intervention. Five modes are available on the base model (4 are pre-programmed and one can be customized). The Pan America 1250 Special model has two additional modes that can be customized by the owner. Pre-programed ride modes for the Pan America 1250 models include Road, Sport, Rain, Off-Road and Off-Road Plus. Each ride mode consists of a specific combination of power delivery, engine braking, Cornering Enhanced Antilock Braking System (C-ABS) and Cornering Enhanced Traction Control System (C-TCS) settings. The rider may use the MODE button on the right-hand controller to change the active ride mode while riding the motorcycle or when stopped, with some exceptions. The ride mode may also adjust Semi-Active Suspension settings on the Pan America 1250 Special model.
The rider may use the MODE button on the right-hand controller to change the active ride mode while riding the motorcycle or when stopped, with some exceptions. A unique icon for each mode appears on the instrument display when that mode has been selected.
With the exception of the Road Mode, the rider may disable ride modes through the settings menu on the instrument display. The Custom Ride Mode(s) need to be enabled by the rider through this settings menu before they can be to be selected with the MODE button during operation.
Sport Mode: Sport Mode maximizes the rider connection to the motorcycle for a direct and visceral performance riding experience. The rider will experience the full performance potential of the motorcycle in a direct and precise manner, with full power and the quickest throttle response. C-TCS is set to its lowest level of intervention appropriate for on-road use, and engine braking is increased. On the Pan America 1250 Special model, Sport Mode will also increase the rate of suspension damping for enhanced feedback to the rider at higher speeds.
▪ Road Mode: Intended for daily use, Road Mode delivers balanced performance. This mode offers less-aggressive throttle response and less mid-range engine power than Sport Mode, with a higher level of C-ABS and C-TCS intervention. On the Pan America 1250 Special model Road Mode selects a suspension damping setting that delivers a softer ride then Sport Mode.
▪Rain Mode: This mode is designed for riding in the rain or when traction is otherwise limited. The Rain Mode is also an appropriate setting for riders as they become familiar with the motorcycle. Throttle response and power output are programmed to significantly restrain the rate of acceleration, engine braking is limited, and the highest levels of C-ABS and C-TCS intervention are selected. On the Pan America 1250 Special model Rain Mode will also adjust suspension damping to a compliant comfort setting.
▪ Off-Road Mode: This mode is designed for unpaved roads and moderate off-road situations. The motorcycle delivers a mid-range level of power, and the torque curve is tailored for use in an off-road environment – there is less peak torque and horsepower at the upper end of the rpm range. In Off-Road Mode C-ABS is active on both wheels, with interventions designed specifically for loose, unpaved surfaces. The C-TCS intervention is set at the same level as Sport Mode. On the Pan America 1250 Special model Off-Road Mode adjusts suspension damping to an off-road setting for enhanced control over uneven surfaces.
▪ Off-Road Plus Mode:** This mode is intended for use by experienced riders in the most-challenging off-road situations, ideally with the motorcycle equipped with Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories off-road tires. The intent is to give the rider the ability to use braking and engine power to control the motorcycle over a loose surface or larger obstacles; for example to use the rear brake to lock the rear wheel in a controlled slide, or to use engine power to lift the front wheel to better clear an obstacle. Engine performance is the same as Off-Road mode. ABS function on the rear wheel is disabled, the linked braking function is disabled, and the Drag Torque Slip Control (DSCS) is disabled. The TCS is set to provide the least intervention available. Front wheel lift mitigation and rear wheel lift mitigation is also disabled. The cornering enhancement to TCS and front wheel ABS are disabled, meaning these systems will be at their consistent level of intervention regardless of motorcycle lean angle. On the Pan America 1250 Special model the Off-Road Plus Mode will adjust the suspension to have less initial damping for increased compliance over larger suspension inputs – bumps on the trail, obstacles or landing after leaving the surface.
Note: To select Off-Road Plus Mode the motorcycle must be in Off-Road Mode and stationary with the engine running. Pushing and holding the Mode button will then select the Off-Road Plus Mode. The rider may exit Off-Road Plus Mode by pushing the Mode button at any time. The mode will change back to Off-Road Mode, and the rider may then use the Mode button to change to any other Ride Mode setting.
** The Pan America motorcycle was designed for on-road and moderate off-road use (which entails use on paved and gravel roads or groomed trails, but does not include competition courses, rally routes, or similar use.
• Custom Mode: A Custom Mode allows the rider to create a set of performance characteristics to meet personal preference or for special situations, such as a track day. To create a Custom Mode the rider may select their combined preference of engine torque delivery characteristics, engine braking, throttle response, C-TCS and C-ABS intervention, and suspension damping levels (Pan America 1250 Special model only), within specific ranges. On Pan America 1250 Special motorcycles equipped with optional Adaptive Ride Height (ARH) the rider can adjust the timing of, or turn off, the lowering function. The rider can create one Custom Mode for the Pan America 1250 model and up to three different Custom Modes (Custom A, Custom B and Custom Off-Road) for the Pan America 1250 Special model. (see chart below for Custom Mode options)
• Custom Off-Road Plus Mode:** As is the case with the Off-Road Plus mode, this Custom Off-Road Plus mode for the Pan America 1250 Special model is intended for use by experienced riders in the most-challenging off-road situations, ideally with the motorcycle equipped with Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories off-road tires. This mode will retain the engine performance setting selected by the rider for their Custom Off-Road Mode, but will select all of the other Off-Road Plus settings.
Note: To select Custom Off-Road Plus Mode the motorcycle must be in Custom Off-Road Mode and stationary with the engine running. Pushing and holding the Mode button will then select the Custom Off-Road Plus Mode. The rider may exit Custom Off-Road Plus Mode by pushing the Mode button at any time. The mode will change back to Custom Off-Road Mode, and the rider may then use the Mode button to change to any other Ride Mode setting.
The Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special models feature a 6.8-inch TFT touchscreen (thin-film-transistor, a type of liquid-crystal display noted for high image quality and contrast) that displays all instrumentation and infotainment functions.
• The screen tilts on its mount to afford the rider an adjustable viewing position.
• The touchscreen function is disabled when the motorcycle is in motion, but the rider can use hand controls to manage many functions of the screen display when the motorcycle is moving.
• The screen is covered with non-reflective glass to make it easier to view in most lighting conditions. Colors and the design of the display were selected to make the screen comfortable to view.
• The touchscreen unit is in a robust sealed case designed to withstand the off-road environment, and to be weather-resistant and dust-resistant.
• The touch screen functions when a rider is wearing gloves, but is not affected by rain or other natural inputs.
Base Screen display:
• Large digital speedometer display on center is surrounded by an arching tachometer graph.
• Indicators and warning lights appear on the top edge of the display.
• A space below the speedometer accommodates pop-ups (image below) for incoming phone calls and alerts such as “low fuel,” “side stand down,” “low temperature.”
Widgets: The rider can customize the basic display by adding “widgets” of additional information while keeping the speedometer and tachometer central to the display.
• Turn-by-turn navigation directions
• Infotainment information (artist, track title, etc.)
• Motorcycle status information (oil pressure, battery voltage, etc.)
• Trip meter information (trip mileage, time to empty fuel, etc.)
Bike Status Screen
The rider can select this display option to put bike status information in a predominate position on the screen, with a smaller speedometer on the upper screen. Status information includes front and rear tire air pressure, engine temperature and oil pressure, battery voltage, and diagnostic codes.
The screen display on the Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special models supports infotainment generated by the rider’s Bluetooth-equipped mobile device. The motorcycle does not have an on-board infotainment system, and it is not equipped with speakers. Most infotainment functions also require a Bluetooth headset and speakers worn within the helmet.
• Music: Music files stored on a mobile device or music streamed through a mobile device may be played through the system, as the rider listens through a headset. The artist and track name will appear on the display, and the rider may use the hand controls (or the touch screen when the motorcycle is stationary) to scroll through music files and adjust the volume.
• Calls: Using voice commands through the headset, the rider can receive or place calls through a mobile device. The ID of an incoming call may appear on the display.
Navigation is supplied by the free Harley-Davidson® App for iOS or Android, which must be downloaded into the rider’s mobile device. When navigation is enabled, the rider may select a moving map display or turn-by-turn map, either of which are displayed on the screen, assisted by audio instructions through the headset.
• This is the first moving map navigation display on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
• When the moving map is displayed, the speedometer, turn signals and other key information is displayed above the map.
• Using the touch screen or hand controls, the rider may pan and zoom the map to see more detail.
• Turn-by-turn navigation instructions may be displayed on the widget screen, enabling the rider to toggle between the base instrument display and the navigation on the widget screen.
• The Harley-Davidson® App helps riders get the most out of their time on the road with features including recommended rides, ride planning, ride recording, riding challenges and the ability to find Harley-Davidson® dealerships, gas stations, hotels, restaurants, motorcycle events and other attractions.
• Because the navigation system relies on cell service (there is no GPS receiver on the motorcycle) navigation could be disrupted if there is no cellular signal. However, the rider can pre-load an entire route and save it in memory as a back-up.
• The Harley-Davidson® App navigation system automatically updates, which is more convenient for the rider than adding updates to an on-board navigation system.
HARLEY-DAVIDSON OFFERS LUGGAGE AND ACCESSORIES FOR PAN AMERICA 1250 MODELS
Factory-Engineered for Outstanding Fit, Function and Style
Harley-Davidson® Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special are motorcycles designed for explorers, those riders seeking freedom and adventure on the road, and off-road. To amplify and personalize that experience, Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories has created a broad range of luggage and other accessories for these models and their riders. Each was designed to be an integral component of the motorcycle, to fit and function well, and to feel and look integrated with the motorcycle. Each has been validated to meet Harley-Davidson standards for durability and quality.
Luggage Accessories for Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special Models
Harley-Davidson has designed a tank bag and three different luggage systems – Sport, Aluminum and Adventure – for the Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special models, each designed specifically for the motorcycle, each intended to support a different type of touring and to appeal to a different rider style preference. Left and right side cases are sold together as a kit, while the top case is sold separately.
The side cases and top case luggage are waterproof. Luggage weight capacity is 10 kg (about 22 pounds) in each of the three cases, or 30 kg (about 66 pounds) total, for each style of luggage. Top case systems have been designed to support loading capacity without compromising ride, handling or speed limiting.
• Sport Luggage: This luggage set is designed primarily for on-road use by riders looking for the utility of luggage but who also value a clean look when the luggage is removed. This system includes side cases and a top case and is molded of rugged composite plastic material that has a smooth aesthetic and presents a clean silhouette on the motorcycle.The side cases and top case are designed for installation and removal, and each luggage piece has an integrated handle to enable it to be carried off the bike.
• The mounts for the side cases are built into the motorcycle, so when the cases are removed there is no extra hardware left behind to clutter the styling.
• The top case requires installation of a Top Case Mounting Plate (sold separately).
• The top case mount is designed to protect contents from shock.
• Locks are keyed to the motorcycle ignition.
• A gasket in the lid helps keep each case water-tight.
• Luggage volume capacity: Right case is 36 liters, left case is 40 liters, top case is 40 liters.
• Integrated liners are available as an additional accessory.
• Aluminum Luggage: This rugged aluminum luggage is created in collaboration with SW-MOTECH and designed to protect gear and survive hard-core adventure. Each piece has been engineered and tested with the motorcycle to ensure factory-quality fit, durability and reliability, without compromising motorcycle handling or lean angle. Side cases and a top case are offered in either a painted black or a silver anodized finish.
• Welded construction is strong and water-tight.
• The aluminum cases and the mounts are designed to pass rigorous tip-over tests; they may be dented but will remain functional.
• The system has six locks – keyed the same – to lock each case closed and to lock each case to the motorcycle.
• The cases each have integrated handles and bungee eyes, latches and corrosion-resistant stainless-steel hinges. The lids are removable and replaceable.
• A seal in the lid helps keep each case water-tight.
• Side cases mount to the Side Case Mounting System (sold separately) and may be installed and removed.
• The top case requires installation of a Top Case Mounting Plate (sold separately).
• Luggage volume capacity: Right case is 37 liters, left case is 45 liters, top case is 38 liters.
• Adventure Soft Saddlebags and Duffle: The soft luggage line is designed for the off-road rider. Engineered specifically for motorcycle use, the bags are durable and waterproof, designed to take a knock and stand back up. The roll-top design and multiple compression straps make it possible to cinch the load tightly, and give this luggage flexible capacity. The bags are reflective to enhance their visibility in low light conditions. Includes universal mounting straps. The side bags are sold as a set.
• Exterior pockets have waterproof zippers.
• The soft luggage uses the same mounting hardware as the aluminum luggage so a rider could own both sets and interchange them.
• Adventure Soft Saddlebags are supported by the Side Case Mounting System (sold separately).
• The top duffel can be secured a Top Case Mounting Plate (sold separately) behind the seat or on the passenger pillion in front of a hard case.
• Luggage volume capacity: Right bag is 30 liters, left bag is 30 liters, top duffle is 40 liters.
• Tank Bag: Designed specifically for Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special models, the bottom of this tank bag is co-molded to fit over the plastic cover on the top of the fuel tank for a secure, custom fit.
• A top pocket has a touch-sensitive window that enables function of a mobile device stored in the pocket below.
• The bag comes with a waterproof rainfly that has a matching touch-sensitive window.
• The interior of the bag is high-visibility orange to facilitate the visibility of bag contents.
• Pockets and dividers inside the bag help organize contents.
• A pocket designed to hold an auxiliary lithium battery is located below the device pocket, and has a port for a charging cable.
• The bag has a top carry-handle.
• A leave-behind strap to secure the bag can be tucked under the front of the motorcycle seat when the bag is not in place.
• Luggage volume capacity is 8 liters and it can carry up to 5 pounds.
Additional Key Accessories for Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special Models
Reach® Solo Seat: The Reach® Solo Seat lowers seat height by one inch to adjust fit for riders of shorter stature, while retaining full functionality. This seat helps many riders get their feet down at a stop and retains the two-position adjustability feature and access to under-seat tool storage. Replaces only the rider seat position and matches the style of the original equipment seat.
Tallboy® Solo Seat: The Tallboy® Solo Seat opens the hip/knee/ankle angles to adjust fit for comfort, especially over longer distances, and offers a rider position for riders of a taller stature. Its design retains the two-position adjustability feature and access to under-seat tool storage. Replaces only the rider seat position and matches the style of the original equipment seat.
Tall Risers – Black: Tall Risers move the handlebar up and back two inches compared to the stock riser. This improves seated reach for some riders and also may improve control and comfort when the rider is standing on the foot pegs. The Tall Risers can be installed with the original equipment control cables and lines.
Center Stand: The center stand (original equipment on the Pan America 1250 Special model) supports the parked motorcycle in an upright position. With the center stand deployed the parked motorcycle takes up less space than it would leaning on its side stand, a benefit when garage space is tight. The stand also raises the rear wheel off the ground to facilitate maintenance and tire changes. The stand is pre-assembled with springs in place to facilitate installation.
80GRIT Collection – Raw or Black: 80GRIT Collection rider and passenger foot pegs and shifter peg are available for Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special models. The lightweight aluminum material has rugged styled edges to grip the boot sole for added traction.
Screamin’ Eagle® Street Cannon Muffler: This muffler is formed with a titanium shell, a carbon fiber end cap and a stainless-steel mid-pipe. It is durable and weighs 42 percent less than the original equipment on both Pan America models. The deep and sporty exhaust note is stirring but not extreme. Engineered with the motorcycle to facilitate installation.
Screamin’ Eagle® High Flow Air Cleaner: This washable and reusable performance air filter features an off-road specific filter media. Clean, dry and re-oil to remove the miles of collected dust, dirt, and debris from the filter to reuse it trip after trip. Factory engineered to be a replacement and upgrade over the original equipment air filter, it provides 9 percent more air flow to the engine than the original equipment filter to allow the engine to breathe in nearly all riding conditions.
Steering Damper: The steering damper (original equipment on the Pan America 1250 Special model) enhances dynamic performance during off-road riding, and can improve rider confidence in challenging situations.
Michelin® Anakee Wild Off-Road Tires (Front and Rear): These “knobby” tires (120/70R19 Front; 170/60R17 Rear) feature a tread pattern designed to deliver off-road traction and a bold style profile. These tires may be installed on the original equipment cast aluminum wheels or the optional laced wheels. Note: Tire purchase requires a Digital Tech update by an authorized Harley-Davidson® dealer.
Laced Wheels (Front and Rear): These laced wheels (a factory-installed option for the Pan America 1250 Special model) feature stainless steel spokes inserted through the aluminum wheel rim outside of the tire bead. The design permits the use of a tubeless tire and the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), eliminates the weight of an inner tube required in traditional laced wheels, and makes the spokes repairable in the field. These wheels give the motorcycle a look that is both rugged and high-tech.
Brush Guard: The tubular steel Brush Guard (original equipment on the Pan America 1250 Special model) can protect the radiator shroud and other motorcycle components from damage due to passing brush along a trail, and in the case of a tip-over. It also gives the motorcycle a rugged look.
Radiator Shield: The mesh Radiator Shield attaches to the front of the radiator to offer additional protection from small stones and other debris when riding off-road. The Radiator Shield also gives the motorcycle a little extra rugged look. The factory-integrated design of this shield offers protection from the environment.
Skid Plate: The accessory Skid Plate replaces the original equipment skid plate for added protection from flying rocks and impacts during off-road riding. It covers more of the bottom of the motorcycle, and is made of heavier aluminum material, than the original equipment skid protection. The factory-integrated design ensures proper fit and installation.
Headlamp Guard: The mesh Headlamp Guard is designed to protect the headlamp from impact damage from rocks and other debris, and enhances its rugged styling. The factory-integrated design offers protection from the environment when riding in off-road situations.
Screamin’ Eagle® Exhaust Shield Insert: The lightweight carbon fiber exhaust shield helps keep heat away from rider’s leg while aiding air flow between header and insert. Reflective heat shielding material is bonded to the backside of the insert, which mounts over the original equipment exhaust shield on both Pan America models.
Windshields: Adventure windshield choices offer factory-integrated design and quality with distinctive style, and maintain the function of the height adjustment mechanism. Choose a windshield height that matches your stature for improved comfort or added protection from the elements, with tint options for a style choice.
• Adventure Windshield 11-inch, Dark Smoke or Clear: This windshield is approximately 4.5 inches lower than the original equipment windshield and allows most riders to see over the windshield.
• Adventure Windshield 18-inch, Clear: This windshield is approximately 2.5 inches taller than the original equipment windshield for added protection from wind, rain and road debris.
Auxiliary LED Forward Light Set: The Auxiliary LED Forward Lights deliver premium functionality. Installed as a pair, each light has three functions within one housing: fog lights, driving lights, and off-road lights (not street legal). The factory-integrated design makes them easy to install and creates a perfect fit and look.
Tactical Heated Hand Grips: Get more comfort and control with these heated grips. Heat settings are controlled with a military grade resistor, and use a thermostat to automatically monitor and adjust heat output relative to the ambient temperature. A heating element wound internally to the grips provides consistent and even heating. The grips feature a black rubber grid pattern with deep grooves that provide outstanding grip for rider comfort and confidence in most conditions. Select high, medium or low heat setting by pushing a dedicated button on the left hand control. Selected heat setting is indicated with an icon on the color display screen. The grips remain at a constant temperature regardless of changes in outside temperature, and the left and right grips are each thermostatically and independently controlled for even heat output. Switched on/off with the ignition to avoid draining the motorcycle battery. Available only for the Pan America 1250 Special model.
Tank Knee Pads: These self-adhesive black rubber pads feature tapered raised ridges that complement the styling of the Pan America model seat, and add traction and comfort for extra grip. The two-piece kit offers protection for surfaces where rider legs and riding gear contact the tank.
** The Pan America motorcycle was designed for on-road and moderate off-road use (which entails use on paved and gravel roads or groomed trails, but does not include competition courses, rally routes, or similar use).
SPECIFICATIONS WHEN NEW
Length 89.2 in. (2,265 mm)
Overall Width 89.2 in. (2,265 mm)
Overall Height 38 in. (965 mm)
Seat Height, Laden 59.4 in. (1,510 mm)
Seat Height, Laden (with optional suspension) 31.8 in. (807 mm)
Seat Height, Unladen N/A
Seat Height, Unladen (with optional suspension) 34.2 in. (869 mm)
Static Ground Clearance N/A
Dynamic Ground Clearance (with optional suspension) 8.3 in. (210 mm)
Rake (steering head) (deg) N/A
Fork Angle (deg) 25
Wheelbase 6.2 in. (157 mm)
Tires, Type 62.2 in. (1,580 mm)
Tires, Front Model Michelin® Scorcher® “Adventure”, Radial
Tires, Front Specification Scorcher Adventure
Tires, Rear Model 120/70R19 60V
Tires, Rear Specification 120/70R19 60V
Fuel Capacity 170/60R17 72V
Reserve Fuel Capacity, Fuel Injection (warning light) 5.6 gal. (21.2 l)
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 1 gal. (3.8 l)
Transmission Capacity 4.75 qt. (4.5 l)
Primary Chain Case Capacity N/A
Coolant Capacity N/A
Weight, As Shipped 2.32 qt. (2.2 l)
Weight, In Running Order 503 lb. (228 kg)
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 534 lb. (242 kg)
Gross Axle Weight Rating, Front 1,003 lb. (454 kg)
Gross Axle Weight Rating, Rear 399 lb. (181 kg)
Luggage Capacity -Volume 665 lb. (302 kg)
Engine Revolution® Max 1250
Valves Chain-driven, DOHC, hydraulic self-adjusting lifters, intake & exhaust VVT; four valves per cylinder
Bore 4.13 in. (105 mm)
Stroke 2.84 in. (72 mm)
Displacement 76.3 cu in (1,252 cc)
Compression Ratio 13.0:1
Fuel System Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Air Cleaner Downdraft intake, tuned velocity stacks, washable filter media
Exhaust 2-into-1-into-1; catalyst in header
Lubrication System Pressurized Wet Sump
Primary Drive Gear, 49/89 ratio
Final Drive Chain, 19/48 ratio
Clutch Mechanical, 8 plate wet, assist & slip, 1090N
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 13.11
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 9.687
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 7.509
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 6.057
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 5.08
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 4.436
Frame Stressed-member, high strength low alloy steel trellis frame; stamped, cast, and forged junctions; MIG welded; aluminum forged mid-structure
Swingarm One-piece cast aluminum
Front Fork 47mm inverted fork with compression, rebound and spring preload adjustability. Aluminum fork triple clamps.
Front Fork, Optional N/A
Rear Shocks Linkage-mounted, piggyback monoshock with compression, rebound and hydraulic spring preload adjustability
Rear Shocks, Optional N/A
Wheels, Optional Style Type N/A
Wheels, Front Type Aluminum cast, satin black
Wheels, Front Width 3 in. (76 mm)
Wheels, Front Height 19 in. (483 mm)
Wheels, Rear Type Aluminum cast, satin black
Wheels, Rear Width 4.5 in. (114 mm)
Wheels, Rear Height 17 in. (432 mm)
Brakes, Caliper Type Front: radially mounted, monoblock, 4-piston caliper; Rear: floating, single piston caliper
Brakes, Rotor Type Front: dual rotor, floating, tower- mounted; Rear: solid uniform expansion rotor
Brakes, Front Diameter 12.6 in. (320 mm)
Brakes, Front Thickness 0.17 in. (4.5 mm)
Brakes, Front is dual Yes
Brakes, Rear Diameter 11 in. (280 mm)
Brakes, Rear Thickness 0.2 in. (5 mm)
Front brake lever free travel N/A
Rear brake pedal free travel N/A
Brakes, Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) Standard
Suspension Travel, Front 7.5 in. (191 mm)
Suspension Travel, Rear 7.5 in. (191 mm)
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 94 ft-lb (127 Nm)
Engine Torque (rpm) 6,750
Power (Hp/kW) 150 HP / 112 kW @ 9000 rpm
Lean Angle Testing Method J1168
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 42
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 42
Maximum hill-starting ability N/A
Fuel Economy Testing Method Estimated City/Hwy
Fuel Economy 46 mpg (5.1 l/100 km)
CO2 Emissions Testing Method N/A
CO2 Emissions N/A
Battery Sealed, maintenance-free, absorbed glass mat (AGM) battery, 12V, 12Ah, 225 CCA at 0°F
Charging Three-phase, 45 Amp system (300 Watts @13 Volts, 1200 rpm, 585 Watts max power @ 13 Volts, 2250 rpm)
Starting 0.9 kW electric with direct drive starter motor engagement
Lights (as per country regulation), Headlamp Daymaker Signature LED headlamp, low and high beam with signature position lighting
Lights (as per country regulation), Tail/Stop All LED Tail/Stop lamp with signature tail lighting
Lights (as per country regulation), Front Signal Lights LED Bullet Turn Signals
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps LED Bullet Turn Signals
Lights, Rear Turn Signals N/A
Gauges 6.8 inch viewable area TFT display with speedometer, gear, odometer, fuel level, clock, trip, low temp alert, side stand down alert, TIP over alert, cruise, range and tachometer indication BT capable – phone pairing to access phone calls, music, navigation (H-D App ONLY)
Auxiliary Lamps N/A
Electric Power Outlet USB C-Type , Output 5V at 2.4 Amp
GPS System N/A
Reverse Gear N/A
Warranty And Service
Warranty 24 months (unlimited mileage)
Service Interval First 1,000 miles (1,600 km), every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) thereafter
1 Vehicles depicted may differ from vehicles manufactured and delivered. Specifications and prices listed may differ from specifications and prices of vehicles manufactured and delivered. All product descriptions (including depictions, specifications, dimensions, measurements, ratings and competitive comparisons) are based on available information at the time of publication. Although such descriptions are believed correct, errors and changes can occur and complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Harley-Davidson may make changes at any time to prices and specifications, and may change or discontinue models, without notice and without incurring any obligation. Attention: Vehicles in the configurations shown and many of the accessories described in this catalog may not be available for sale or use in some locations. Please check with your dealer for complete product details and the latest information. All models feature 6-speed transmission (VRSC™ models and Sportster® models are 5-speed) and carbon fiber belt final drive; multi-plate clutch with diaphragm spring in oil bath; and 2-year unlimited mileage warranty.
2 Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
3 Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
4 Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.
5 Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
6 The combined fuel economy numbers were derived using a combination of estimated city and highway values. Fuel economy estimates are derived from US EPA exhaust emission certification data on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family under ideal laboratory conditions. Your actual fuel economy will vary depending on your personal riding habits, road and driving conditions, vehicle condition and maintenance, tire pressure, vehicle configuration (parts and accessories), and vehicle loading (cargo, rider and passenger weight). Break-in mileage may vary.
7 North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
8 See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
9 Inspections of certain systems and components are required at 2,500 mile (4,000 km) intervals. See Owner’s Manual for full details.
The paragraph descriptions for the pre-owned bikes are generic, what the factory used when the bikes were new so they might not be precise. The bike may have been modified. Take them with a grain of salt. Same with the specifications, those are stating how the bike was spec’d stock, when new, not necessarily as it is at this very moment. Our salespeople will be glad to answer any detailed questions should anything in the generic descriptions be confusing. Also, there are over 30,000 prices and loads of specifications on this website, we do not warrant that is entirely error free. Thanks, - Barnett Harley-Davidson