P16485 2019 KAWASAKI W800 CAFE Brown
• Color : Brown
Iconic 1966 W1 heritage runs deep in the all-new 2019 Kawasaki W800 CAFE retro motorcycle. The spirit of the original W1 has inspired the inception of such legendary machines as the Kawasaki Z1 and Ninja H2™. Preserving the authenticity of the W1, the W800 CAFE has been modernized for trailblazers who prefer to ride to the throaty roar of timeless performance.
•Retro air-cooled vertical twin 773cc engine offers plenty of low- to mid-range performance and torque.
•Modern fuel injection ensures precise fuel delivery, easy starting and clean emissions.
•Assist and Slipper Clutch provides lighter feel at the lever and a back-torque limiting function to reduce rider fatigue and wheel hop during downshifts.
•A café-racer-image front cowl helps deflect wind while adding to the vintage aesthetic.
•The M-shaped clubman-style handlebar contributes to a natural forward-leaning position optimized for comfort on leisurely rides and highway speeds.
The 1960’s spirit runs deep in the 2019 Kawasaki W800 retro classic motorcycle. With every rev, its iconic heritage is unmistakable. Preserving the original classic style, it demands the same respect it did 50 years ago. A true icon never dies, and the Kawasaki W800 is more alive than ever.
Retro Style Icon.
First introduced in 1965, the iconic W is back, now reborn in the all-new 2019 W800. All the swagger of the original resounds in the throb of the Vertical Twin engine churning out heaps of torquey power, the throaty roar of the crafted dual exhausts, and the characteristic handling that comes from a sturdy frame with large-diameter wheels. Turn heads and earn the respect of fellow riders and pedestrians alike aboard this stunningly styled classic.
A Kawasaki Throwback to the Original Japanese Big Bike
The all-new Kawasaki W800 CAFE is Kawasaki’s latest addition to our retro lineup of motorcycles. It’s a true throwback to its 1960’s predecessor, the famed Kawasaki W1. The 1966 Kawasaki W1 is the motorcycle that has come to represent the ethos of Kawasaki’s quest for speed. It had the largest displacement and was most powerful Japanese motorcycle of its time, and inspired the birth of the legendary machines such as the Kawasaki Z1 and Ninja H2™ sportbikes.
For 2019, Kawasaki brings class-leading authentic styling, sound, and feel to the category of retro motorcycles. In building the W800 CAFE, Kawasaki has meticulously crafted one of the most authentic retro bikes in appearance and design, paying homage to the past, all while tastefully incorporating modern technology and features.
Developed for riders in search of a well-rounded bike that is not only rich in history and character, but also packed with modern technology and handling features, the W800 CAFE is powered by an air-cooled 773cc vertical twin engine, and features an updated modern double-cradle frame design and modern suspension components that bring an unmatched level of authenticity and performance to the retro motorcycle category.
The sleek sweeping contours and meticulous fit and finish of the W1 redefined the standards of motorcycle design in the 1960’s. Kawasaki has applied the same meticulous attention to detail in building the W800 CAFE, from the iconic appearance of the air-cooled bevel gear driven vertical twin engine to the elegant gas tank and muffler design, all the way down to the retro themed wheels.
The W800 CAFE motorcycle is packed with plenty of modern technology, such as the clean running Euro4 compliant engine, Assist and Slipper Clutch, Kawasaki advanced analysis designed frame, and an LED headlamp.
KEY FEATURES WHEN NEW
• Iconic W1 Inspired Styling
• Comfortable CAFE Riding Position
• 773cc Air-Cooled Vertical Twin Engine
• Kawasaki Advanced Dynamic Analysis Designed Frame
• Lightweight Sporty Handling
• Assist & Slipper Clutch
Iconic, Powerful Vertical Twin Engine & Transmission
The W800 CAFE motorcycle features an 773cc air-cooled, fuel injected, SOHC, vertical twin-engine configuration, with a bore and stroke of 77.0 mm x 83.0 mm, which offers plenty of low-mid range performance and torque. The engine utilizes a heavy-flywheel that was chosen to create the strong low-mid range torque character. The fuel injection offers precise fuel delivery to the engine, clean emissions, as well as easy starting. A pair of 34 mm throttle bodies have been arranged to ensure a straight line from the airbox to the cylinders. Long, slim intake funnels deliver enhanced low-mid range performance. The engine also utilizes sub-throttles to ensure ideal engine response as well as aiding in reduced noise emissions. To ensure broad, widespread, responsive power a bevel gear cam drive and SOHC four-valve per head configuration was chosen. A slick-shifting five-speed transmission has a gear for any occasion a rider may encounter.
The classic, retro muffler design is comprised of smooth curves and long, straight flowing lines. The peashooter-style silencers with slim chambers and long tailpipes contribute to the bike’s classic look. The mufflers emit the throaty exhaust note for which parallel twin engines are famous. The twin mufflers were carefully tuned to bring out the engine note of the vertical twin 360-degree crankshaft configuration, which was also used in Kawasaki’s original W1 to create a hearty roar that complements every twist of the throttle.
In building the W800 CAFE, creating a beautiful engine was a key concept when designing the air-cooled vertical twin. The classic-styled engine is lightweight, playful, simple and a joy to behold. Iconic bevel-gear-driven cam adds beauty to the cylinder head while also contributing to the engine’s classic retro styling and appearance. The silver bevel-gear cover on the blacked-out engine of the W800 CAFE draws attention to the engine’s unique design while adding a quality accent. The fuel injection components have been cleverly concealed, giving the engine bay a clean, uncluttered appearance. The rich appearance and character of the engine are nicely complemented when coupled with the strong bottom-end response, enhancing the timeless pleasure derived from riding a classic motorcycle
Assist & Slipper Clutch
Complementing the transmission is an Assist & Slipper Clutch, race-inspired technology that offers both a light feel at the lever as well as a back-torque limiting function.
The assist function is noticed by the lighter pull at the clutch lever, helping to reduce rider fatigue especially in stop and go traffic situations.
The slipper function is noticed when excessive engine braking occurs as a result of quick or accidental downshifts. The slipper cam comes into play, forcing the clutch hub and operating plate apart, which relieves pressure on the clutch plates to reduce back-torque and help reduce rear wheel hop or skidding.
While the double-cradle frame design looks reminiscent of that of its predecessor, it’s in fact all new. The new frame was designed using Kawasaki’s advanced dynamic analysis software to determine the exact required rigidity for each piece of tubing to ensure optimized performance. Then, while keeping the pipe outer diameters unchanged, the pipe thicknesses were adjusted as necessary.
The double-cradle frame configuration uses a sturdy, 50 mm square-section backbone to give the W800 CAFE a very stable ride quality and well-balanced overall design. Complementing the 50 mm square-section backbone, round downtubes were chosen to enhance the retro appearance. Gussets and brackets were kept to a minimum for improved aesthetics and reduced weight. Round tubes with a smooth finish and minimum welds and gussets contribute to the high-quality appearance. A highly rigid swingarm design further enhances handling qualities while minimizing weight.
Staying true to the retro appearance while incorporating modern handling, the W800 CAFE motorcycle is equipped with a large diameter front fork with stiff springs, a highly rigid lower triple-clamp and sturdy dual shocks to complement the more rigid new frame.
A telescopic front fork features 41mm tubes that easily soak up bumps on well-travelled city streets. The dual rear shock absorbers with adjustable spring preload offer a smooth ride and clean look.
Brakes & Wheels
Handling the stopping duties of the W800 CAFE is a full disc brake setup featuring modern ABS. The strong and responsive stopping power comes via a large-diameter 320 mm front disc paired with a 270 mm rear disc.
To maintain the retro appearance as well as ride and feel of a true classic machine, 18” wheels were chosen for both the front and rear, contributing to the dynamic but composed handling of the W800 CAFE. The sturdy, lightweight aluminum rims are highly resistant to corrosion. The spokes and nipples are treated with a coating which allows dirt and grime to be simply wiped off. Tube-type tires offer a traditional tread pattern and plenty of traction.
The W800 CAFE features a sporty, forward leaning riding position, which makes it ideal for a wide range of riding applications. The “M-shaped” clubman-style handlebar contributes to a slightly forward-leaning position. The riding position is optimized for both leisurely rides where comfort and visibility are priority, and yet still allows a natural forward lean when riding at highway speeds. The W800 CAFE also features a stylish two-person cafe seat designed for comfort and sporty good looks. For increased rider comfort, the W800 CAFE has been equipped with a five position adjustable clutch lever and four position adjustable front brake lever to enable riders to fine-tune lever position.
The visual impact from a striking vertical twin engine, classic proportions with large-diameter wheels and a meticulous attention to detail give the W800 CAFE an authentic quality and timeless beauty difficult to find on modern motorcycles.
The chassis of the W800 CAFE follows the design concept of simplicity, functionality, and elegance. Large diameter, spoked wheels and a traditional steel double-cradle frame create a well-balanced package with classic proportions. The stunning contours of the fuel tank make it another point of focus as well as key styling element.
At the front end of the W800 CAFE, a cafe-racer-image front cowl contributes to the classic retro theme of the motorcycle. A blend of retro and modern designs, the W800 CAFE is equipped with a large 170 mm LED headlamp that casts a bright, white light. It features six chambers, four for low beam, and two additional for high beam. Position lamps in the high-beam chambers ensure the whole lamp appears lit, like a retro-style bulb headlamp. Even the smallest details down to the convex lens and chromed headlamp ring were chosen for their high-quality, classic appearance . The front fork uses rubber gaiters to protect the fork tubes and ensure long fork seal life while adding to the retro appearance and styling. Compact turn signals add a custom touch straight from the factory. The black engine and wheels of the W800 CAFE are complemented by the clean, simple lines of the front and rear fenders and contribute to the retro appearance of the bike. The rear fender has an easily removable modular design that makes it easy for riders to customize.
The W800 CAFE is equipped with traditional instrumentation, which includes an individual speedometer and tachometer with classic display. A multi-function LCD screen incorporates an odometer, trip meter, and clock. A full range of indicator lamps include: FI warning lamp, dual turn signal indicators, low fuel level indicator, high beam indicator, neutral indicator, and oil pressure warning lamp. Compact switchgear, designed to add a vintage touch, gives the handlebars a light, uncluttered appearance, but beneath the retro-styled exterior, modern internals ensure the reliable performance of the W800 CAFE.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS WHEN NEW
• Long-stroke 773cc engine is tuned for low-mid range performance and delivers plenty of torquey power.
• 360-degree crankshaft provides a signature engine pulse.
• Balancer shaft helps dampen vibration.
• Heavy flywheel contributes to the engine’s strong torque feel.
• Iconic bevel gear driven single overhead camshaft activates four valves per cylinder. A silver bevel gear cover on the blacked-out engine adds to the classic looks.
• Long, slim intake funnels enhance low-mid range performance.
Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®)
• Fuel injection offers precise fuel metering, clean emissions and easy starting.
• 34mm throttle bodies are arranged to provide incoming air a straight path from the airbox to the cylinders. Sub-throttles are used to ensure ideal engine response as well as reduce noise.
Crafted Exhaust Note
• Traditional mufflers emit the throaty exhaust note for which parallel twin engines are famous.
• The twin mufflers were carefully tuned to bring out the characteristic note of the engine’s 360º crankshaft configuration, creating a hearty roar to complement every twist of the throttle.
• The simple, elegant muffler design utilizes smooth curves and long, straight lines. Peashooter-style mufflers with slim chambers and long tailpipes contribute to the classic look.
• Muffler internals (chamber arrangement, diameter/length of baffle pipe and trans-chamber pipe, and large honeycomb catalyser) were designed to deliver mid-high range performance while contributing to strict modern exhaust and noise emissions regulations.
Assist & Slipper Clutch
• The assist and slipper clutch(KP) is compact and it’s operating plates help reduce lever pull for an extremely light feel at the lever. A wide engagement range helps make it easier to control.
• Using the rotational forces of the clutch hub and pressure plate, the clutch is forced together during acceleration (assist function) so that fewer and lighter clutch springs can be used for a lighter feel at the lever. During high back torque, such as when too low of gear is selected during downshifting, the slipper function allows some clutch slippage to help prevent rear wheel hop and stalling due to engine lock-up.
Double Cradle Frame
• Double-cradle frame uses a sturdy, 50mm square-section backbone to give the W800 motorcycle a stable ride quality and well-balanced overall design.
• Complementing the 50mm square-section backbone, round pipe downtubes contribute to the classic look. Gussets and brackets were kept to a minimum for improved aesthetics and reduced weight.
• Round tubes with a smooth finish and minimum welds and gussets contribute to the quality appearance.
• Kawasaki advanced dynamic analysis used to determine the exact required rigidity for each piece of tubing to ensure optimized performance with minimal weight.
• A 41mm front fork with stiff springs, rigid lower triple-clamp, stiff swingarm and stiff rear shocks complement the rigid frame.
• Rubber fork boots help protect the fork tubes and fork seals while adding to the retro appearance.
• Dual rear shocks with adjustable spring preload add to the retro look.
• Large-diameter 320mm front disc paired with a 270mm rear disc provide excellent response and strong stopping power.
• ABS assists braking under certain conditions for added rider confidence.
• Front and rear 18-inch spoke wheels contribute to sporty handling while maintaining the vintage ride feel of a true classic machine.
• Aluminum rims are corrosion resistant, while the spokes and spoke nipples are treated with a coating that helps shed dirt and grime when cleaning.
• Tube-type bias ply tires have a traditional tread pattern and high grip.
• Relaxed, vintage-style riding position.
• M-shaped clubman-style handlebar contributes to a sporty, forward lean.
• Five-way adjustable clutch lever and four-way adjustable brake lever enable riders to fine-tune lever position.
• Stylish two-person cafe seat designed for comfort and sporty good looks.
• Compact swithgear is designed to add a vintage tough and gives the handlebars a light, uncluttered appearance. Underneath the retrostyled exterior are modern internals for reliable performance.
• Traditional instrumentation includes individual speedometer and tachometer with classic display.
• A multi-function LCD screen incorporates an odometer, tripmeter, and clock. A full range of indicator lamps includes an FI warning lamp, dual turn signal indicators, low fuel level indicator, high beam indicator, neutral indicator, and oil pressure warning lamp.
• Large 170mm LED headlamp casts a bright, white light for great nighttime visibility.
• Features six chambers – four for low-beam and two more for highbeam. Position lamps in the high-beam chambers ensure the whole lamp appears lit, like a retro-style bulb headlamp.
• Convex lens and chromed headlamp ring add to the high-quality, classic design.
SPECIFICATIONS WHEN NEW
• Engine Type 4-Stroke, Air-Cooled, SOHC, 4-Valve Cylinder Head, Vertical-Twin
• Displacement 773 cc
• Bore and Stroke 77.0 x 83.0 mm
• Fuel Injection DFI® with Dual 34mm Keihin Throttle Bodies (2)
• Ignition TCBI with Digital Advance
• Transmission 5-Speed with Positive Neutral Finder
• Final Drive Sealed Chain
• Front Tire Size 110/90-19
• Rear Tire Size 130/80-18
• Front Suspension 41mm Hydraulic Telescopic Fork
• Rear Suspension Dual Shock with Adjustable PreLoad
• Front Brake Type Single 320mm Disc with 2-Piston Caliper
• Rear Brake Type Single 270mm Disc
The paragraph descriptions for the pre-owned bikes are generic, what the factory used when the bikes were new so they might not be precise. The bike may have been modified. Take them with a grain of salt. Same with the specifications, those are stating how the bike was spec’d stock, when new, not necessarily as it is at this very moment. Our salespeople will be glad to answer any detailed questions should anything in the generic descriptions be confusing. Also, there are over 30,000 prices and loads of specifications on this website, we do not warrant that is entirely error free. Thanks, - Barnett Harley-Davidson