H0065 2015 HARLEY-DAVIDSON® FLS103 SOFTAIL SLIM® Two-Tone Amber Whiskey / Vivid Black W/Pinstripe
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy (5) 42 mpg
The Softail Slim® represents the Harley-Davidson® Softail® motorcycle paired down to its essential elements in the style of custom bobbers of the 1950s, from its narrow rear end to its trimmed front fender, solo seat and minimal chrome. With the combination of a 23.8-inch seat height and rider footboards, the Softail Slim® comfortably fits a wide range of riders.
The Softail rear suspension mimics the clean lines of a vintage hardtail frame but offers the comfort of a modern suspension that is hidden under the chassis. The rigid powertrain allows tight packaging of the engine and frame and creates a solid connection between the rider and the power that moves the motorcycle.
• Color : Two-Tone Amber Whiskey / Vivid Black W/Pinstripe
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON® Wind Splitter Detachable Windshield $424
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON® Windshield Docking Hardware Kit $30
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON® Windshield Bag $100
• MUSTANG Wide Tripper™ Seat $409
Parts total $963
Labor total $157
Total added value $1,120
Extended Service Plans Available on 15-calendar-year-old and newer motorcycles with fewer than 60K miles
FEATURES AND BENEFITS WHEN NEW
Rigid-mounted, air-cooled, 1690 cc Twin Cam 103B™ counter-balanced engine with Automatic Compression Release (ACR) rated at 97.4 ft. lbs. peak torque at 3000 rpm.
6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission
NEW FOR 2015 Braking system
– NEW FOR 2015 : handlebar master cylinder and front caliper
– New high-stiffness 4-piston fixed caliper with larger pistons and premium piston coating
– Larger 300 mm rotor with higher effective radius
NEW FOR 2015 : Easy reach side stand
• Powertrain finished in Black powder coat with polished covers
• Hollywood handlebar with cross-brace
• Gloss Black, round air cleaner cover
• Black “cat’s eye” console holds electronic speedometer with retro-style face
• Chopped rear fender
• Chrome, over/under shotgun exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
• Classic 5.0-gallon Fat Bob® fuel tank
• Dunlop 16-inch (MT90B16) front and (MU85B16) rear tires
• Black, Steel Laced wheels
• Gloss black headlamp with chrome trim ring
• Half-moon footboards with retro-style foot control pads
• Trimmed FL front fender
• Side-mounted license plate
• Combination stop/tail/turn tail lights
• Forged rear fender supports are finished in Gloss Black powdercoat
• Gloss Black “horseshoe” oil tank
Hidden Rear Shocks
If you want a comfortable bike but love that rigid-suspension look, you’ve come to the right bike. We’ve kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a rad, vintage-looking bike. You get the classic lines of a vintage ‘hardtail’ frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It’s a signature rigid look, and you’ll only find it on a Softail® model.
“Hollywood” Handlebars and “Cat Eye” Console
A cutting-edge ride that’s rich with Harley-Davidson history, the Softail Slim® model’s old-iron soul comes alive right up front. Unique retro-inspired handlebars call back to the glory days of 1940s bobbers, while the gloss-black headlamp cover and the “Cat Eye” console with its retro speedo face add even more swing-era swagger.
Narrow Rear Profile
The narrow rear tire and chopped fender with its integrated stop/turn/tail light and side-mounted license plate add up to a stripped-down profile that evokes the iconic, no-nonsense style of classic bobbers.
Round Air Cleaner Cover
The gloss-black retro round air cleaner cover gives the Softail Slim® model’s minimalist, blacked-out Twin Cam 103 Engine a raw old-school look—it’s modern power with old iron attitude.
Pure Harley-Davidson Styling
Feast your eyes on the Twin Cam 103™ engine and there’s no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won’t find from any other motorcycle company. Medium gray engine with black powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with polished rocker covers and an old school round air cleaner cover for a tough vintage Harley-Davidson attitude. It’s a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the Twin Cam 103™ engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what’s right and staying true to what satisfies.
Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission
You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It’s a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you’re opening up the road ahead.
Twin Cam 103™ Engine Heritage
The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™ engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson’s unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96® engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century’s worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation
Fire up the Twin Cam 103™ engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn’t feel better.
Twin Cam 103™ Engine Power
Live your ride to the power of 103. The air cooled Twin Cam 103™ Harley-Davidson® engine delivers more stump-pulling torque, while its Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection jetting gives crisp, lively throttle reaction. It’s a performance punch that you’ll appreciate when passing, climbing hills, or rolling with luggage packed or a passenger in back—all under that signature Motor Company rumble. And it comes at lower cruising rpm, so you ride more smoothly, with less engine vibration and better highway fuel economy.
Engineered for Easy Handling
The Softail Slim® motorcycle may come on heavy, but it’s been designed to handle like a dream, with easy jiffy stand lift-off and great low-speed maneuverability, so you’re always riding in control. And when it’s time to stop, the low-slung saddle means your feet easily reach the road.
NEW FOR 2015 Front Brake System
A new front brake system on the Softail® models this year delivers a 40 percent reduction in the amount of lever force required at peak braking. The handlebar master and front cylinders have been restyled. There’s a new 4-piston fixed caliper with 32 and 34 mm pistons, premium caliper piston coating to minimize initial displacement and a larger 300 mm rotor. It all adds up to more stopping power with less effort.
SPECIFICATIONS WHEN NEW
Engine 1 Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B™
Bore 3.87 in.
Stroke 4.374 in.
Displacement 103.1 cu in
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.311
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.454
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.793
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 3.882
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.307
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 2.79
Exhaust Chrome, over/under shotgun exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
Wheels, Front Type 9 Black Steel Laced
Wheels, Rear Type Black Steel Laced
Brakes, Caliper Type 4-piston front and 2-piston rear
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 97.4 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,000
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 24
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 24.9
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 42 mpg
Length 92.5 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 23.8 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 25.6 in.
Ground Clearance 4.5 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 32.1
Trail 5.8 in.
Wheelbase 64.4 in.
Tires, Front Specification MT90B16 72H
Tires, Rear Specification MU85B16 77H
Fuel Capacity 5 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 3.5 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 672 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 701 lb.
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
Gauges Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.
The paragraph descriptions for the pre-owned bikes are generic, what the factory used when the bikes were new so they might not be precise. The bike may have been modified. Take them with a grain of salt. Same with the specifications, those are stating how the bike was spec’d stock, when new, not necessarily as it is at this very moment. Our salespeople will be glad to answer any detailed questions should anything in the generic descriptions be confusing. Also, there are over 30,000 prices and loads of specifications on this website, we do not warrant that is entirely error free. Thanks, - Barnett Harley-Davidson