|Color:||Vivid Black W/Pinstripe|
The look of the Softail® Deluxe has always been deluxe. It’s the classic showstopper — born to stand out on a run down the Vegas strip. Now, underneath the bright chrome, you’ve got the ride of a seriously modern machine. Thirty-one pounds lighter, easier handling, massive power and acceleration, and all-day comfort. Everything a rider expects that technology can deliver. It’s a combination of vintage style and modern know-how unlike anything that ever hit the boulevard, set to the sound of the Milwaukee-Eight® 107 V-Twin engine. Settle into the comfortable new seat and grab the pullback handlebars. Start the show.
P16006 2018 HARLEY-DAVIDSON® FLDE DELUXE Vivid Black W/Pinstripe
The look of the Softail® Deluxe has always been deluxe. Now, underneath the bright chrome is a seriously modern machine. It’s a combination of vintage style and modern know-how with everything a rider expects that technology can deliver. The Deluxe is 31lb lighter with easier handling, massive power and acceleration from the Milwaukee-Eight® 107 V-Twin engine, and all-day comfort from the comfortable new seat and pullback handlebars.
• Abs Option Standard
• Keyless ignition and security system standard
• Color : Vivid Black W/Pinstripe
Extended Service Plans Available on 15-calendar-year-old and newer motorcycles with fewer than 60K miles.
STOPS THE SHOW THEN STEALS ITS SPOTLIGHT
Roaring with lavish, show-stopping, old-school glam, it’s a nostalgic boulevard cruiser that turns heads before you even turn the key.
MORE THAN JUST KNOCKOUT LOOKS
Now 33 pounds lighter, with easier handling, massive power and acceleration, and all-day comfort. You get the ride of a seriously modern machine.
KEY FEATURES WHEN NEW
Show-stopping, old-school glam, Deluxe is a nostalgic boulevard custom that turns heads.
BORN TO STAND OUT ON A RUN DOWN THE VEGAS STRIP.
These bars offer confidence-inspiring easy-reach ergonomics, with a chrome pullback riser that gets the grip even closer and gives the front end a dynamic aerodynamic contour.
Chrome Laced Wheels with Whitewall Tires
One of the defining styling features of the Softail® Deluxe model. They’re a nod to the ‘50s boulevard look without sacrificing handling or performance.
Retro-Modern Styled LED Lighting
LED headlight, running lights, turn signals, and Tombstone tail/stop light ensure you can see and be seen.
Milwaukee-Eight® 107 V-Twin Engine
A powerful, smooth-running engine with crisp throttle response and a pure, soul-satisfying rumble.
A lighter, stiffer frame (compared to previous Softail® and Dyna® models) that takes the idea of form and function to a place it’s never been before. It’s the look of a hard tail from a bygone era that delivers a thoroughly modern ride.
High Performance Front Suspension
New Showa® SDBV® suspension technology provides the performance of a racing-style cartridge fork for reduced weight with linear damping characteristics.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS WHEN NEW
High Performance Rear Mono Shock
All-new easily adjustable mono-shock rear suspension allows for dynamic cornering capability while preserving the hardtail look.
NEW FOR 2018 CHASSIS, ENGINE & DESIGN: HARLEY-DAVIDSON INTRODUCES NEXT CUSTOM REVOLUTION WITH EIGHT NEW ICONIC SOFTAIL MOTORCYCLES
Largest-Ever Product Development Project Launches Harley-Davidson into its 115th Anniversary Year
MILWAUKEE (Aug. 22, 2017) – To celebrate Harley-Davidson’s 115th Anniversary year, the Motor Company is launching a custom revolution: Eight all-new Softail® models that merge the hard-riding performance of the Dyna® line with the unparalleled custom look of the Softail line.
Designed under the largest product development project in company history, the new bikes compared to prior year models feature a stiffer and significantly lighter frame built to harness the pulse-quickening torque of the new dual-counterbalanced Milwaukee-Eight® 107 and 114 engines. With high-performance dual-bending valve front suspension and an easily adjustable hidden rear mono-shock, the aggressively styled 2018 Softail models are faster, lighter and better handling than any of their Big Twin cruiser predecessors.
“The new Softail models are the result of the most extensive research and development program in the company’s history,” said Paul James, manager of product portfolio, Harley-Davidson. “Thousands of hours of research and testing were put into the complete ground-up design of these new cruisers. We focused on taking the total rider experience to a higher level, where authenticity, heritage and soul meet the modern edge of technology for a ride that must be felt to believe.”
NEW FOR 2018 CHASSIS
The handling of a Softail motorcycle enters a new era with a lighter, more rigid frame that elevates form and function to a higher plane, while maintaining the classic look of a hard tail and delivers a thoroughly modern ride. Benefits of the new chassis include increased lean angles, sharper turn-in response, quicker acceleration, nimble flick-ability, lighter weight, and easier side-stand liftoff than predecessor Softail and Dyna models. The steel foundation of the next generation of custom Harley-Davidson motorcycles has been forged.
Frame / swingarm
A new high stiffness carbon steel tubular frame forms the core of the 2018 Softail chassis. The completely redesigned frame and swingarm significantly increase the rigidity of the new chassis. The frame itself is 65 percent stiffer than the 2017 Softail frame, which leads to a 34 percent increase in overall chassis stiffness. The frame design achieves reduced complexity with a 50 percent reduction in component parts and a 22 percent reduction in welds. There are two unique swingarms, one for narrow and one for wide rear tires. The wide chassis is 15 percent lighter (13 pounds) and the narrow chassis is 20 percent (18 pounds) lighter than the 2017 Softail frame. The swingarm transfers rear wheel movement to the under-seat mono-shock while maintaining the pure, classic lines of a hard tail frame.
All-new front and rear suspension components are calibrated to match the dynamics of the new chassis, wheels and tires to enhance the comfort, control and performance of the 2018 Softail® motorcycles. The new high-performance dual-bending valve front suspension, which was first introduced on 2017 Touring models, delivers damping performance that is similar to a cartridge fork but with improved, more responsive damping characteristics. The suspension is optimized for both comfortable cruising and spirited riding with 130 mm of bump-devouring travel. Retuned and optimized rake and trail also enhance the motorcycles’ handling performance.
The new mono-shock rear suspension preserves the classic hard tail look while revamped geometry improves ride quality, traction and control. The new easily adjustable mono-shock enables a 240 pound range of payload capacity for increased passenger comfort and enhanced dynamic handling compared to 2017 Softail models.
Ride and handling agility
The all-new Softail models are up to 35 pounds* lighter than 2017 models, delivering an improved power-to-weight ratio that provides quicker acceleration, better braking and enhanced dynamic cornering capability combined with increased lean angles. Some models feature new tires specifically designed to work with the new Softail chassis and feature optimized constructions and improved compounds for a confident, long-wearing ride in all riding conditions. New seat designs and materials provide an improved fit for a wider range of riders and greater comfort for cruising. Bar none, the 2018 Softail models are the best handling cruisers Harley-Davidson has ever produced.
All 2018 Softail models get a new heartbeat from the most powerful engines ever offered in Harley-Davidson® Big Twin cruisers, the new Milwaukee-Eight® 107 V-Twin.
• Milwaukee-Eight engines retain the iconic 45-degree V-Twin cylinder angle with a broad-shouldered top end accentuated by a single camshaft design that tapers to a slim bottom end for a muscular contour. The new Softail frame’s rigid engine mounting is engineered to tightly package the engine and reinforce the chassis stiffness.
SMOOTHER RUNNING & PURER SOUND
• Milwaukee-Eight engines for Softail models feature a refined dual internally counter-balanced system that reduces engine vibration while maintaining the familiar Harley-Davidson feel.
• Harley-Davidson’s trademark “potato-potato-potato” sound comes through strong with less intake and mechanical noise.
Milwaukee-Eight 107 Engine
(107 CID; 1746cc) Standard on all models
• 100 mm bore and 4.375 inch stroke with 10.0:1 compression ratio
• 0-60 mph – 10 percent quicker acceleration than the High Output Twin Cam 103
• 60-80 mph/5th gear – 16 percent faster acceleration than the High Output Twin Cam 103
MODERN STYLING & DESIGN
Interpreting Harley-Davidson’s history, authenticity and styling DNA through a modern lens, the eight new Softail models feature all-new designs that strongly differentiate them from their predecessors and each other. From a new base of style, comfort and performance, the next generation of factory custom cruisers are ready for riders to take even higher with their own personalization.
“The authenticity of Harley-Davidson design comes by sweating the details from start to finish, ‘hard to do and hard to copy.’ Harley-Davidson motorcycles are not a commodity; they are handed down from generation to generation,” said Brad Richards, vice president of styling and design, Harley-Davidson. “We look at every nut and bolt on the bike, all the finishes, and every small detail. The new Softail frame is like a piece of art, and the more you take off the bike, the more beautiful it becomes. Its design speaks to the teamwork that our styling and engineering processes demand.
• Signature all-LED lighting from front to back: headlight, running lights, Tombstone taillight and blade-like turn signals
• Signature pull-back handlebar
• 33-pound weight reduction to previous model
• Standard ABS
• Unique Daymaker™ Signature LED Headlamps on all models
• Improved electrical system charging, more than doubled at idle speeds
• Easily adjustable rear shock pre-load settings Under seat socket adjustment
• Steering head mounted USB charge port
• New for 2018 instrumentation
• Keyless ignition and security system standard
• New for 2018 fuel tanks
SPECIFICATIONS WHEN NEW
Engine 1 Milwaukee-Eight® 107
Bore 3.937 in.
Stroke 4.374 in.
Displacement 107 cu in
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Exhaust 2-into-2 shorty dual; catalyst in muffler
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 109 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,000
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 28
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 28
Fuel Economy: Estimated City/Hwy 5 47 mpg
Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.311
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.454
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.793
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 3.882
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.307
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 2.79
Wheels, Front Type 9 Chrome Steel Laced
Wheels, Rear Type Chrome Steel Laced
Brakes, Caliper Type 4-piston fixed front and 2-piston floating rear
Length 95.1 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 25.9 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 26.8 in.
Ground Clearance 4.5 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 30
Trail 5.7 in.
Wheelbase 64.2 in.
Tires, Front Specification MT90B16 72H
Tires, Rear Specification MU85B16 77H
Fuel Capacity 5 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 5 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 668 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 697 lb.
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, turn signals, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, auxilary lighting, ABS, security, low battery voltage, low fuel
Gauges 5-inch with digital speedometer, gear, odometer, fuel level and analog tachometer indication
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices for base models. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude tax, title, licensing, registration fees, destination charges, added accessories, and additional dealer charges, if any, and are subject to change. Harley-Davidson reimburses dealers for performing manufacturer-specified pre-delivery inspection and setup tasks. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.
The paragraph descriptions for the pre-owned bikes are generic, what the factory used when the bikes were new so they might not be precise. The bike may have been modified. Take them with a grain of salt. Same with the specifications, those are stating how the bike was spec’d stock, when new, not necessarily as it is at this very moment. Our salespeople will be glad to answer any detailed questions should anything in the generic descriptions be confusing. Also, there are over 30,000 prices and loads of specifications on this website, we do not warrant that is entirely error free. Thanks, - Barnett Harley-Davidson