When it comes to hot rod baggers, the Street Glide® Special is way out front. You get the tire-smoking power of its blacked-out Milwaukee-Eight® 107 engine sitting at the heart of dark finishes that stretch from headlight to exhaust. A new 19-inch Talon front wheel and 18-inch rear wheel. Stretched saddlebags that accentuate the long, low profile of the bike. Blacked-out front forks, handlebars, tank console and exhaust for an aggressive, modern look. And a premium audio system featuring Stage I BOOM!™ speakers for deep bass and balanced sound. Get on and set the pace.
- Harley-Davidson® Factory Security System Standard
- ABS Anti-Lock Braking System Standard
- Premium Audio System Featuring Stage 2 Boom!™ Speakers
- Color : Bonneville Salt Denim
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON® Wind Splitter Windshield $169
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON® Profile Custom Mirrors $139
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON® 4-Point Docking Hardware Kit $174
- Provides docking points to allow installation of H-D® Detachables™ Sissy Bar, Solo Luggage Rack, 2-Up Luggage Rack, Solo Tour-Pak® Rack or 2-Up Tour-Pak® Rack
Parts total $482
Labor total $166
Total added value $648
Extended Service Plans Available on 15-calendar-year-old and newer motorcycles with fewer than 60K miles.
KEY FEATURES WHEN NEW
NEW IN 2018
- Dark finishes stretch from headlight to exhaust with new 19-inch (483 mm) front and 18-inch (457 mm) rear Talon wheels.
- Dripping in black are the engine guard, front forks, handlebars and hand controls, mirrors, turn signals, tank console, engine covers, air cleaner cover, mufflers and exhaust shields.
- Custom touches that create an aggressive, modern look include the stretched saddlebags that accentuate the bike’s long, low profile and painted inner fairings.
- Hand-adjustable emulsion-technology rear shock absorbers offer 15% more preload adjustment than previous low-profile touring shocks.
- Front suspension features dual-bending valve suspension technology that delivers the damping performance of a racing-style cartridge fork with linear damping characteristics and reduced weight.
- Reflex™ linked Brembo® brakes with ABS and the Harley-Davidson Smart Security System are standard equipment.
- The all-black Milwaukee-Eight® 107 (1746 cc) engine offers quicker throttle response, more passing power, purer sound, a smoother ride and more of the feeling riders want from a Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle engine.
- Each Milwaukee-Eight engine produces 10% more torque*. The Milwaukee-Eight 107 accelerates 11 percent quicker from 0-60mph, equal to a two-to-three bike length improvement, and 11% quicker from 60-80 mph in top gear, equal to a one-to-two bike length improvement*. The Milwaukee-Eight engine offers improved rider and passenger thermal comfort due to reduced heat absorption, increased heat rejection and a redesigned exhaust system.
- For improved fit a new, slimmer primary drive cover and the low-profile shape of the air cleaner cover provide improved rider legroom around the engine and an easier reach to the ground for many riders.
- All Milwaukee-Eight powered models are fitted with an assist and slip clutch with improved hydraulic actuation and 7% less clutch lever effort.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS WHEN NEW
GET ON AND SET THE PACE
Blacked-out Milwaukee-Eight® V-Twin Engine
A powerful, smooth-running engine with crisp throttle response and a pure, soul-satisfying rumble.
19-inch Talon Front Wheel and 18-inch Rear Wheel
Cast aluminium Talon wheels featuring spokes that extend all the way to the edge of the rim, creating the illusion of a larger wheel diameter.
Designed to accentuate the long and low profile for an iconic, custom look.
Blacked-out front forks, handlebars, tank console and exhaust for an aggressive, modern look.
Premium BOOM!™ Box 6.5 Infotainment System
A stylish 6.5-inch full-color touch screen display with hands-free mobile phone, media, and navigation. Delivers powerful, pure sound and dynamic full-range audio.
High-performing front and rear suspension with easily hand-adjustable rear shocks put you in control of a plush ride.
SPECIFICATIONS WHEN NEW
- Engine 1 Milwaukee-Eight® 107
- Bore 3.937 in.
- Stroke 4.375 in.
- Displacement 107 cu in
- Compression Ratio 10.0:1
- Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Exhaust Black, 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- Length 96.5 in.
- Seat Height, Laden 7 26.1 in.
- Seat Height, Unladen 27.2 in.
- Ground Clearance 4.9 in.
- Rake (steering head) (deg) 26
- Trail 6.8 in.
- Wheelbase 64 in.
- Tires, Front Specification 130/60B19 61H
- Tires, Rear Specification BW 180/65B16 81H
- Fuel Capacity 6 gal.
- Oil Capacity (w/filter) 5.2 qt.
- Weight, As Shipped 798 lb.
- Weight, In Running Order 836 lb.
- Luggage Capacity -Volume 2.5 cu ft
- Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
- Engine Torque 2 111 ft-lb
- Engine Torque (rpm) 3,250
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 32
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 31
- Fuel Economy: Estimated City/Hwy 5 45 mpg
- Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.593
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.65
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.938
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 4
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.407
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 2.875
- Wheels, Front Type 9 Black, Talon Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type Black, Talon Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, running lights, directional lights, low oil pressure, neutral, engine diagnostics, battery, cruise control, speakers, accessory, security system, gear indication, low fuel warning, ABS, miles to empty display, fog/aux lamp indicator
- Gauges Gauges styled to complement each vehicle. Display features odometer, trip A, trip B, range to empty and gear indicator; and larger tell-tale indicators.
- Infotainment system Boom!™ Box 4.3
- Type Color
- Watts Per Channel 25
- Speakers 2
- Speaker Size 5.25 inch standard
- Headset Specifications (if equipped) 16-64 ohms
- AM Standard
- FM Standard
- Weather Band (WB) Standard
- SD Card, Flash Drive and MP3 – via USB Connection Supported
- SiriusXM Presets 20 – P&A Upgrade (USA & Canada only)
- Languages English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
- Hands-free Mobile Phone – via Bluetooth standard
- Voice Recognition Languages: Phone functions only English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
- Voice Recognition Languages: Tuner/Media/Navigation English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
- Rider/Passenger Intercom Standard
- Vehicle Information Screen (Air temperature, oil pressure and EITMS) Standard
- Text-to-Speech (TTS) Languages English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
- USB USB/MTP/iPod/iPhone
- Bluetooth Phone/Media Supported
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices for base models. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude tax, title, licensing, registration fees, destination charges, added accessories, and additional dealer charges, if any, and are subject to change. Harley-Davidson reimburses dealers for performing manufacturer-specified pre-delivery inspection and setup tasks. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.