17408A 2018 HARLEY-DAVIDSON® FLHC HERITAGE CLASSIC Silver Fortune W/Pinstripe
ESTIMATED CITY/HWY 5 47 mpg
Bikes don’t get any truer to their roots than this. The Heritage Classic 114 is the original outlaw motorcycle decked out for those who want to do the 115th Anniversary big. Limited-edition and exclusively numbered.
The Heritage Classic motorcycle used to be a homage to ‘50s chrome nostalgia. Take a look at the new one, and you’ll see it’s anything but that.
• Harley-Davidson® Factory Security System Standard
• ABS Anti-Lock Braking System Standard
• Cruise Control Option Standard
• Keyless ignition Standard
• Color : Silver Fortune W/Pinstripe
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON® Boom! Audio Bluetooth® Cruiser Amp & Speaker Kit $258
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON® Tour-Pak Luggage Leather Heritage Softail Classic $740
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON® Detachables Two-Up Tour-Pak Mounting Rack $218
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON® Detachables Docking Hardware Kit $52
• Provides docking points to allow installation of H-D® Detachables™ Sissy Bar, Solo Luggage Rack, 2-Up Luggage Rack, Solo Tour-Pak® Rack or 2-Up Tour-Pak® Rack
Parts total $1,268
Labor total $525
Total added value $1,793
Extended Service Plans Available on 15-calendar-year-old and newer motorcycles with fewer than 60K miles
IT’S THE NEW VINTAGE
Dark classic style with a modern edge, from the full fenders to the blacked-out Milwaukee-Eight® V-Twin engine.
BUILT FOR FAST GETAWAYS
Reduced weight, awesome acceleration, and totally reinvigorated ride.
THROW A LEG OVER AND RUMBLE OFF INTO THE SUNSET
Harley-Davidson Softail Story The next custom revolution
Authentic innovation meets true Harley-Davidson soul in the reinvented Softail® family. The most powerful, agile, and responsive cruisers in Harley-Davidson history feature a lighter and stiffer frame, high-performance suspension and the smooth, unrelenting torque of a fully counter-balanced Milwaukee-Eight® V-Twin engine. Each Softail® model has a distinctive look and attitude that stays true to the roots of Harley-Davidson® custom motorcycle design.
KEY FEATURES WHEN NEW
THE DARK CLASSIC OF THE MODERN ERA
LOCKABLE AND SEALED SADDLEBAGS
A sleek look on the outside and roomy on the inside with enough space to stash your riding essentials. The lids open with one touch.
ALL-NEW FOR 2018 SOFTAIL® FRAME
A lighter, stiffer frame (compared to previous Softail® and Dyna® models) that takes the idea of form and function to a place it’s never been before. It’s the look of a hard tail from a bygone era that delivers a thoroughly modern ride.
MILWAUKEE-EIGHT® BIG TWIN ENGINE
A powerful, smooth-running engine with crisp throttle response and a pure, soul-satisfying rumble. Available in 107 and 114 engine displacements.
SIGNATURE LED FORWARD LIGHTING
Darkness-defying lighting that give you greater visibility at night.
Go from touring to cruising in a heartbeat. Leave the screen on for a clean envelope of air over the long haul. Or remove it in seconds for a completely new look and ride.
STANDARD CRUISE CONTROL
You can easily dial in your speed to give your wrist a break and keep on hauling down the road.
HIGH PERFORMANCE FRONT SUSPENSION
New Showa® SDBV® suspension technology provides the performance of a racing-style cartridge fork for reduced weight with linear damping characteristics.
HIGH PERFORMANCE REAR MONO SHOCK
All-new easily adjustable mono-shock rear suspension allows for dynamic cornering capability while preserving the hardtail look.
CELEBRATING 115 YEARS OF FREEDOM FOR ALL
In 1903, four young men in Milwaukee put a motor in a bicycle frame, and riders from all walks of life have been coming back to cut loose ever since. One hundred and fifteen years later, it’s time to celebrate.
We’re returning to the grassroots passion that made the sport of motorcycling great by throwing parties for the people. Flat-track racing, hill climbs, beach racing, drag racing, street parties, bands, food and rides. We’re holding events in our hometown of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and other locations around the world. All who love the freedom of two wheels are invited to join the celebration.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS WHEN NEW
NEW FOR 2018 CHASSIS, ENGINE & DESIGN: HARLEY-DAVIDSON INTRODUCES NEXT CUSTOM REVOLUTION WITH EIGHT NEW ICONIC SOFTAIL MOTORCYCLES
Largest-Ever Product Development Project Launches Harley-Davidson into its 115th Anniversary Year
MILWAUKEE (Aug. 22, 2017) – To celebrate Harley-Davidson’s 115th Anniversary year, the Motor Company is launching a custom revolution: Eight all-new Softail® models that merge the hard-riding performance of the Dyna® line with the unparalleled custom look of the Softail line.
Designed under the largest product development project in company history, the new bikes compared to prior year models feature a stiffer and significantly lighter frame built to harness the pulse-quickening torque of the new dual-counterbalanced Milwaukee-Eight® 107 and 114 engines. With high-performance dual-bending valve front suspension and an easily adjustable hidden rear mono-shock, the aggressively styled 2018 Softail models are faster, lighter and better handling than any of their Big Twin cruiser predecessors.
“The new Softail models are the result of the most extensive research and development program in the company’s history,” said Paul James, manager of product portfolio, Harley-Davidson. “Thousands of hours of research and testing were put into the complete ground-up design of these new cruisers. We focused on taking the total rider experience to a higher level, where authenticity, heritage and soul meet the modern edge of technology for a ride that must be felt to believe.”
NEW FOR 2018 CHASSIS
The handling of a Softail motorcycle enters a new era with a lighter, more rigid frame that elevates form and function to a higher plane, while maintaining the classic look of a hard tail and delivers a thoroughly modern ride. Benefits of the new chassis include increased lean angles, sharper turn-in response, quicker acceleration, nimble flick-ability, lighter weight, and easier side-stand liftoff than predecessor Softail and Dyna models. The steel foundation of the next generation of custom Harley-Davidson motorcycles has been forged.
FRAME / SWINGARM
A new high stiffness carbon steel tubular frame forms the core of the 2018 Softail chassis. The completely redesigned frame and swingarm significantly increase the rigidity of the new chassis. The frame itself is 65 percent stiffer than the 2017 Softail frame, which leads to a 34 percent increase in overall chassis stiffness. The frame design achieves reduced complexity with a 50 percent reduction in component parts and a 22 percent reduction in welds. There are two unique swingarms, one for narrow and one for wide rear tires. The wide chassis is 15 percent lighter (13 pounds) and the narrow chassis is 20 percent (18 pounds) lighter than the 2017 Softail frame. The swingarm transfers rear wheel movement to the under-seat mono-shock while maintaining the pure, classic lines of a hard tail frame.
All-new front and rear suspension components are calibrated to match the dynamics of the new chassis, wheels and tires to enhance the comfort, control and performance of the 2018 Softail® motorcycles. The new high-performance dual-bending valve front suspension, which was first introduced on 2017 Touring models, delivers damping performance that is similar to a cartridge fork but with improved, more responsive damping characteristics. The suspension is optimized for both comfortable cruising and spirited riding with 130 mm of bump-devouring travel. Retuned and optimized rake and trail also enhance the motorcycles’ handling performance.
The new mono-shock rear suspension preserves the classic hard tail look while revamped geometry improves ride quality, traction and control. The new easily adjustable mono-shock enables a 240 pound range of payload capacity for increased passenger comfort and enhanced dynamic handling compared to 2017 Softail models.
RIDE AND HANDLING AGILITY
The all-new Softail models are up to 35 pounds* lighter than 2017 models, delivering an improved power-to-weight ratio that provides quicker acceleration, better braking and enhanced dynamic cornering capability combined with increased lean angles. Some models feature new tires specifically designed to work with the new Softail chassis and feature optimized constructions and improved compounds for a confident, long-wearing ride in all riding conditions. New seat designs and materials provide an improved fit for a wider range of riders and greater comfort for cruising. Bar none, the 2018 Softail models are the best handling cruisers Harley-Davidson has ever produced.
NEW FOR 2018 POWERTRAIN
All 2018 Softail models get a new heartbeat from the most powerful engines ever offered in Harley-Davidson® Big Twin cruisers, the Milwaukee-Eight® V-Twin.
• Milwaukee-Eight engines retain the iconic 45-degree V-Twin cylinder angle with a broad-shouldered top end accentuated by a single camshaft design that tapers to a slim bottom end for a muscular contour. The new Softail frame’s rigid engine mounting is engineered to tightly package the engine and reinforce the chassis stiffness.
SMOOTHER RUNNING & PURER SOUND
• Milwaukee-Eight engines for Softail models feature a refined dual internally counter-balanced system that reduces engine vibration while maintaining the familiar Harley-Davidson feel.
• Harley-Davidson’s trademark “potato-potato-potato” sound comes through strong with less intake and mechanical noise.
Milwaukee-Eight 114 Engine
(114 CID; 1868cc)
• Available on four models: Fat Bob® 114, Fat Boy® 114, Breakout® 114, Heritage Classic 114
• 102 mm bore and 4.5 inch stroke with 10.5:1 compression ratio
• Ventilator Intake with 114 graphics and badging
• Standard ABS
• 0-60 mph – Nine percent faster acceleration than the Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine
• 60-80 mph/5th gear -13 percent faster acceleration than the Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine
MODERN STYLING & DESIGN
Interpreting Harley-Davidson’s history, authenticity and styling DNA through a modern lens, the eight new Softail models feature all-new designs that strongly differentiate them from their predecessors and each other. From a new base of style, comfort and performance, the next generation of factory custom cruisers are ready for riders to take even higher with their own personalization.
“The authenticity of Harley-Davidson design comes by sweating the details from start to finish, ‘hard to do and hard to copy.’ Harley-Davidson motorcycles are not a commodity; they are handed down from generation to generation,” said Brad Richards, vice president of styling and design, Harley-Davidson. “We look at every nut and bolt on the bike, all the finishes, and every small detail. The new Softail frame is like a piece of art, and the more you take off the bike, the more beautiful it becomes. Its design speaks to the teamwork that our styling and engineering processes demand.”
NEW FOR 2018 TECHNOLOGY FEATURED ON EVERY SOFTAIL MODEL
• Unique Daymaker™ Signature LED Headlamps on all models
• Improved electrical system charging, more than doubled at idle speeds
• Easily adjustable rear shock pre-load settings (method varies by model)
• Under seat spanner wrench: Softail Slim®, Street Bob®, Low Rider®
• External hand adjustment knob: Fat Bob, Fat Boy, Breakout®
• Under seat socket adjustment: Deluxe, Heritage Classic
• Steering head mounted USB charge port
• NEW FOR 2018 instrumentation
• Keyless ignition and security system standard
• NEW FOR 2018 fuel tanks
SPECIFICATIONS WHEN NEW
• Engine 1 Milwaukee-Eight® 114
• Bore 4.016 in.
• Stroke 4.5 in.
• Displacement 114 cu in
• Compression Ratio 10.5:1
• Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
• Exhaust 2-into-2 shorty dual; catalyst in muffler
• Length 95.1 in.
• Seat Height, Laden 7 26.3 in.
• Seat Height, Unladen 26.8 in.
• Ground Clearance 4.7 in.
• Rake (steering head) (deg) 30
• Trail 5.5 in.
• Wheelbase 64.2 in.
• Tires, Front Specification 130/90B16,53H,BW
• Tires, Rear Specification 150/80B16,77H,BW
• Fuel Capacity 5 gal.
• Oil Capacity (w/filter) 5 qt.
• Weight, As Shipped 697 lb.
• Weight, In Running Order 728 lb.
• Luggage Capacity -Volume 1.5 cu ft
• Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
• Engine Torque 2 119 ft-lb
• Engine Torque (rpm) 3,000
• Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 27.3
• Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 28.5
• Fuel Economy: Estimated City/Hwy 5 47 mpg
• Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
• Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.311
• Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.454
• Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.793
• Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 3.882
• Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.307
• Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 2.79
• Wheels, Front Type 9 Gloss Black, Steel Laced
• Wheels, Rear Type Gloss Black, Steel Laced
• Brakes, Caliper Type 4-piston fixed front and 2-piston floating rear
• Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, turn signals, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, auxilary lighting, cruise, ABS, security, low battery voltage, low fuel
• Gauges 5 inch with digital speedometer, gear, odometer,fuel level and analog tachometer indication
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices for base models. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude tax, title, licensing, registration fees, destination charges, added accessories, and additional dealer charges, if any, and are subject to change. Harley-Davidson reimburses dealers for performing manufacturer-specified pre-delivery inspection and setup tasks. Dealer prices may vary.
7.. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.
The paragraph descriptions for the pre-owned bikes are generic, what the factory used when the bikes were new so they might not be precise. The bike may have been modified. Take them with a grain of salt. Same with the specifications, those are stating how the bike was spec’d stock, when new, not necessarily as it is at this very moment. Our salespeople will be glad to answer any detailed questions should anything in the generic descriptions be confusing. Also, there are over 30,000 prices and loads of specifications on this website, we do not warrant that is entirely error free. Thanks, - Barnett Harley-Davidson