2016 FLTRX ROAD GLIDE Vivid Black Paint.Twin Cam 103” Rubber Mounted Motor, Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and ABS, with 6 Speed Cruise Drive Transmission. The Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom is a tough, low version of the shark-nose Harley-Davidson classic. This motorcycle has it all and more in a full featured touring motorcycle with dependability and ultimate riding comfort.
Like the rock that diverts the mainstream, our frame-mounted Road Glide® Special motorcycle fairing splits the wind and conventional opinion alike. This is an exercise in how far you can take a motorcycle in terms of miles, attitude and function. You’ve got all the Project RUSHMORE features from high output engine and one-touch saddlebags all the way up through the premium 6.5 inch touchscreen infotainment system and BOOM!™ Box 6.5 GT audio system. You also get special features like CVO-style hand-adjustable low-profile rear suspension, gloss black inner fairing and more. The only question is, are you up for it?
If you like to dial up the comforts for endless miles on the wide open road, you’re in for one hell of a ride.
Harley-Davidson Touring bikes, infused with enhanced style, outstanding aerodynamics and optimized touring ergonomics for rider and passenger– the full influence of the customer-led Project RUSHMORE product-development effort. Propelled by the unrelenting performance of the Twin-Cooled™ High Output Twin Cam 103™ powertrain, these motorcycles will exceed the expectations of the most demanding touring motorcyclist.
Engine 1 Air-cooled, High Output Twin Cam 103™ with integrated oil cooler
Bore 3.87 in.
Stroke 4.374 in.
Displacement 103.1 cu in
Compression Ratio 9.7:1
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.593
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.65
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.938
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 4.0
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.407
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 2.875
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 104.7 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,250
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 32
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 31
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 42 mpg
Exhaust Chrome, 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
Wheels, Front Type 9 Enforcer Cast Aluminum
Wheels, Rear Type Enforcer Cast Aluminum
Brakes, Caliper Type 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
Length 95.6 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 26.1 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 27.4 in.
Ground Clearance 5.3 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 26
Trail 6.8 in.
Wheelbase 64 in.
Tires, Front Specification 130/60B19 61H
Tires, Rear Specification BW 180/65B16 81H
Fuel Capacity 6 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 4 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 813 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 849 lb.
Luggage Capacity -Volume 2.3 cu ft
• As Shipped 813 lbs. (369 kg)
• In Running Order 849 lbs. (385 kg)
• Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 1360 lbs. (617 kg)
• Gross Axle Weight Rating
• Front 500 lbs. (227 kg)
• Rear 927 lbs. (420 kg)
Size 6.5 inch
Watts Per Channel 25
Speaker Size 5.25 inch/6.5 inch – P&A Upgrade
Headset Specifications (if equipped) 16-64 ohms
Weather Band (WB) Standard
SD Card, Flash Drive and MP3 – via USB Connection Supported
Languages English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
Hands-free Mobile Phone – via Bluetooth P&A Upgrade, Headset connection required
Voice Recognition Languages: Phone functions only English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
Rider/Passenger Intercom P&A Upgrade
“Vehicle Information Screen (Air temperature, oil pressure and engine temperature)” Standard
Text-to-Speech (TTS) Languages English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
Bluetooth Phone/Media Supported
SiriusXM Presets 20.0
Voice Recognition Languages: Tuner/Media/Navigation English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, running lights, front fender running lights, directional lights, low oil pressure, neutral, engine diagnostics, battery, cruise control, speakers, accessory, security system, gear indication, low fuel warning, ABS, miles to empty display, fog/aux lamp indicator
Gauges Gauges 10% larger speedometer and tachometer with 68% wider numbers; 28% larger fuel and volt gauges with 30% wider numbers; display features odometer, trip A, trip B, range to empty, and gear indicator; and larger telltale indicators
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.