2018 Harley-Davidson® Softail Slim® FLSL
A raw, vintage H-D style, with a modern edge. The all-new Softail Slim® motorcycle is 35 pounds lighter than last year’s model, with more power, more lean angle, and a redesigned suspension.
Features may include:
• Dark Polished Finishes
Features blacked-out metal from the Hollywood handlebars to the black steel laced wheels.
• Low-Slung Tuck-And-Roll Seat
A low-slung solo saddle that matches the bike’s clean, back-to-basics attitude, setting you "in" the bike so you ride like you're a part of it and the open road ahead.
• Milwaukee-Eight® Big Twin Engine
A powerful, smooth-running engine with crisp throttle response and a pure, soul-satisfying rumble.
• All-New Softail® Frame
A lighter, stiffer frame (compared to previous Softail® and Dyna® models) that takes the idea of form and function to a place it’s never been before. It’s the look of a hard tail from a bygone era that delivers a thoroughly modern ride.
• Signature LED Forward Lighting
Darkness-defying lighting that give you greater visibility at night.
• High Performance Front Suspension
New suspension technology provides the performance of a racing-style cartridge fork for reduced weight with linear damping characteristics.
• High Performance Rear Mono Shock
All-new easily adjustable mono-shock rear suspension allows for dynamic cornering capability while preserving the hardtail look.
1,746 cc (107 cu in)
FUEL SYSTEM 3
Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
2-into-2 shotgun; catalyst in muffler
SEAT HEIGHT, LADEN 7
SEAT HEIGHT, UNLADEN
RAKE (STEERING HEAD) (DEG)
TIRES, FRONT SPECIFICATION
TIRES, REAR SPECIFICATION
OIL CAPACITY (W/FILTER)
WEIGHT, AS SHIPPED
WEIGHT, IN RUNNING ORDER
ENGINE TORQUE TESTING METHOD
ENGINE TORQUE 2
ENGINE TORQUE (RPM)
LEAN ANGLE, RIGHT (DEG.)
LEAN ANGLE, LEFT (DEG.)
FUEL ECONOMY: ESTIMATED CITY/HWY 5
Chain, 34/46 ratio
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 1ST
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 2ND
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 3RD
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 4TH
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 5TH
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 6TH
WHEELS, FRONT TYPE 9
Gloss Black, Steel Laced
WHEELS, REAR TYPE
Gloss Black, Steel Laced
BRAKES, CALIPER TYPE
4-piston fixed front and 2-piston floating rear
LIGHTS (AS PER COUNTRY REGULATION), INDICATOR LAMPS 8
High beam, turn signals, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, ABS (optional), security, low battery voltage, low fuel
5 inch analog speedometer with digital gear, odometer, fuel level, clock, trip, range and tachometer indication
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices for base models. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude tax, title, licensing, registration fees, destination charges, added accessories, and additional dealer charges, if any, and are subject to change. Harley-Davidson reimburses dealers for performing manufacturer-specified pre-delivery inspection and setup tasks. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.